Does anyone actually keep Voice Dictation on all the time? Or even use it altogether?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by HappyDude20, Dec 4, 2013.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Voice Dictation seems like a really cool feature but I have to wonder if any one uses it at all, aside from the random google searches. It seems a bit odd that if you leave it on, it'll remain on and appear anytime you can type anything, almost anywhere.

Just wondering if anyone does use, and if so for what uses... whether it be constantly or sparingly. Reason being i'm wanting to showcase a few of Mavericks features for my aunt when I give her a rMBP for the holidays. Truth is I may not be able to suppress myself and give her the new laptop this week. :D

2. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Seeing as no one has come in here screaming "I love Voice Dictation! OMG This ***** is amazing," I have to assume most of us just don't use it at all.

Perhaps seeing as Siri isn't on OSX?

3. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

I use it frequently on my iOS devices, but I didn't even realize that it existed on OSX.

4. tigerintank macrumors regular

never used it - didn't know about it tbh. i feel self conscious using siri on the iPhone, suspect it'd be the same on the mac

5. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I installed the enhanced dictation but I find it way more accurate to just type it in, takes all of two seconds, takes more to edit the text than the VD usually gets wrong lol

6. drew627 macrumors regular

I use it when I need to type long texts in French, Chinese, and English at the same time. It's really neat...