Does anyone actually use the motion face?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kmj2318, Jul 6, 2015.

1. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

When I watched the keynote, the motion faces were the most intriguing to me. I don't why but I just love those moving images against the dark background. Now that I have a watch, I feel like they were made more for demo than use. They tend to take take too long to show up. Anybody else feel the same?

2. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Agreed. I saw the jellyfish variation as the only one worth using and I was done looking at the time before the thing even started to appear.

Definitely a neat demo feature.

3. schmidt65 macrumors 6502

Same here. Surprised they take so long to appear, makes the watch face completely pointless other than a demo feature.

4. Donstil-nl macrumors 6502

Donstil-nl

My friend uses the butterfly version and is loving it :D

5. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Agreed. I would actually use one of them if they would appear right away. As it is, the watch turns off too soon after the animation appears.

6. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I'd love it as a screensaver on my Mac. I'd get to appreciate the work that went into filming it.

Seems wasted on the watch, "quick glance" and all.

7. VFC, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015

VFC macrumors 6502a

8. bh85 macrumors regular

bh85

It would of been nicer if the watch face stayed on, that way you can watch the motion all the time. Unfortunately, like this, you can only see it for what, like 5 seconds.

9. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Yes, I use the jellyfish also but I hardly ever see it. It takes too long to appear, and by then I've already seen the time and have no need to continue staring.

I really hope they speed this up someday, because they're sort of mesmerizing to watch.

Heh... Watch.