Does anyone buy used apple from applepalace.com?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jackhandall, Sep 26, 2008.

1. jackhandall macrumors newbie

Hi people,

i m planning to get a 24" imac, I saw these guys online selling a used 24" imac 2.16 intel for $1045 wit 2 months warranty. I called them and they told me they even have Apple Refurbished 24 inches in the box with all accessories with 1 yr warranty from their store for $1250.

my question is, price is reasonable but is there any one who bought stuff from them or how is their customer service ? I saw that they also have a local store in Los Angeles.

Thanks for any advices in advance
    Jack

2. jackhandall thread starter macrumors newbie

and I just wanted to ask if I buy a 24" imac can i also install a 64 bit Windows XP on it ?

thanks

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

You'd be better off buying a refurbished product direct from Apple, though the site you mentioned looks like it could be legit.

Oh, and while the iMac will take Windows, I'm not sure if the 64-bit version will serve you any better.

4. mascola macrumors newbie

warrenty

apple will give you a much better warrenty

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Hard to tell, little if nothing with that phone number.

Lot of different names for the same address, hope it isn't the Mail Box place...

[​IMG]

edit: Been around awhile http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://applepalace.com looks like they shifted to a new phone number and address, which made it hard to find.

Always wonder about a site that says they have been around since 2004 and you get six recent hits on the phone, but the number change probably did that.

6. jackhandall thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have decided to go to their place, and I saw its still computer graphics & networking. PHone correct , they said www.applepalace.com is their second website. They convinced me about buying the 24" :) Apple refurbished price is $1299 + Tax becomes $1400 total ( new style ) , so I bought white 24" imac for $1045 Cash total. Power of cash huh :) its a between 1 - 2 years old but $300 difference makes sense I think.

Sales guy was nice , as always :) I dont know whats gonna after but one thing I realized, these guys are authorized apple reseller & repair service. They gave me 2 months warranty. Hope nothing goes wrong.

I also asked what happens if I was in a different state. How 2 months warranty work. They said you need to pay shipping one way to them, they fix it or change it they they pay the shipping on the way back.

I ll be writing here if anything goes wrong with my machine, so far it works great. I ran the diagnosis test for the machine for 3 times ( 3 loop ) and it passes so I think it was a good deal.

Did any one tried the 64 bit XP installation on a core 2 duo mac ?

7. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

The 64-bit version will work on a C2D iMac.

What features of the 64-bit version are of interest to you?