Does anyone care about Call Quality signal reception anymore ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheRealAlex, Sep 16, 2016.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

I have seen alot of iPhone 7 and 7 Plus threads and Reviews Not One has mention call quality signal strength yet.

People are too absorbed with pictures and yellow gate. But we are still buying a phone aren't we?

Has anyone made any calls yet ? Are you getting reception or more bars in places you didn't before ?

2. kovey macrumors 6502a

3. eclipxe macrumors regular

People don't use phones for phone calls anymore.

4. unglued macrumors member

No difference still superb quality but I need to use it more to know for sure especially international calling.

5. TheRealAlex thread starter macrumors 65816

Thats exactly what I was thinking, if the carriers would just allow Texting, and Data on a Device with No Phone capability and charge half. I know people who get upset when somone calls them, many Millenials and younger preffer Texting only and the only way they verify if you are a "real" person worthy of paying attention to is asking for your Instagram or SnapChat.

6. entraik Suspended

I don't think Apple cares about the overall quality of their products in general. It seems to be degrading each year.

7. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

What is this "call" thing you speak of?

8. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

When I got the Motorola Razr in 2003, no one cared that it could send SMS or browse the web. No one besides IT guys and drug dealers sent text messages, and there were only like 10 mobile websites.

9. sangreal06 macrumors member

I spend a ton of time on conference calls. In the few calls I've made since getting my 7+ though I have not noticed any difference in quality other than the earpiece is really loud. My 6+ is getting an extra bar compared to the nearby 7+. My 6+ has never had less than full bars here so it's a little strange that the 7+ is missing one

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

People are using phones less for calling these days, sure, but I also don't think call quality has been an issue for a while now. Hd voice has made things even more crystal clear. I can't say I've complained about call wuskity for st least half a decade.

11. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I still use the phone for phone calls alot and my iPhone 7 on T Mobile has great call quality!

12. chadx85 macrumors newbie

1 bar in my house with the 7+, max bars with the 6+ this morning and the last year and a half (Verizon)

13. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Some of us still do.

14. lancastor macrumors 6502a

Is the 7+ really so bad in reception. :eek:

15. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

If you actually go by the number of bars to judge reception on a phone, then I laugh. :)

16. 1madman1 macrumors regular

The three iPhones I've had, including the 7 so far, have terrible call quality and stability compared to my old Nokia smartphones. I used to be able to retain calls without issue at any time on the train to work with my Nokia E7 and N8. With the iPhones I'm lucky to even have the call connect, and when it does it constantly cuts out.

17. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Yes many of us still do care.

You still cannot text :

1. Police/ fire department
    2. 911 - ambulance
    3. Your cable company
    4. Doctors appointments
    5. Your phone company

Etc. and etc.

18. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Not to be contrarian, but I can at least anyway when it comes to numbers 3, 4 and 5 on your list. I get text notifications all of the time from each, including my doctor. They send text alerts for appointments, prescriptions, etc, and I can make any needed changes or send messages back via a secure portal on their website.

19. solodogg macrumors 6502

My 7 normally shows the same signal dots that my 6S did. Testing today while driving, I got garbled audio in the exact same spots I did with my 6S, but call quality was largely the exact same.

T-Mobile service on a Verizon A1660 in Orlando FWIW