iPad Does anyone delay returning their ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by laudern, Jan 3, 2015.

1. laudern macrumors 6502a

I have a dull book spine discolouration along the left hand side of my ipad air 2. I was all set to take it back but I thought I most well keep it for 10 months or so and then send it in.

Anyone else do this or are there some down side to this I'm not realising?

One down side would be I'd only get 2 months with the replacement machine, although I could always send it back 1 or 2 months earlier.

2. PowerBook-G5 macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

I am failing to comprehend your reasoning. If you have a problem with your iPad, why would you wait 10 months to bring it in for the problem? Makes no sense at all to me.

If you were to wait 10 months to take it to the store, you are obviously out of the two week return window. With the return window, you can return it and get a new one, no questions asked. If you wait 10 months and take it to the "genius" bar, the "genius" may not see the defect (or say some BS about how it's a "design feature") and refuse to give you a new iPad.

If it has a defect, just go return it within the two week window and get a new iPad, and be happy for good with it. Don't make yourself put up with a defective screen for ten months.

3. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

I think the OP is considering that in 10 more months, the quality will likely improve, and he stands a better chance of getting a perfect unit.

The problem is the he would probably end up with a refurbished unit with all the same early issues.

4. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

I would take it back as soon as I see the problem, and would continue doing that until receiving a unit that doesn't have a defect.