Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I love it. I don't ever want to go back to the old one now that I have experienced this one.

SE43

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2015
I really do like it. It feels more "real" than I thought it would.

But my favourite part being able to click anywhere. That to me would mean I wouldn't easily be able to go back to a traditional trackpad.

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
i only tried it once in store but i was definitely more impressed with the 'illusion' than i thought i would be.

however, i have had a long standing issue (mpb's spanning 2008 - 2013) where having tap to click registers 'ghost' taps while typing (no matter how hard i try to keep my hands from brushing the trackpad-- i swear its doing it on its own). it drives me nuts and i've had to disable tap to click as a result. being that there is now no mechanical click, i worry this issue would become unavoidable.

But on the flip side, perhaps the addition of pressure sensitivity actually fixes the problem of false-positives?

SE43

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2015
i only tried it once in store but i was definitely more impressed with the 'illusion' than i thought i would be.

however, i have had a long standing issue (mpb's spanning 2008 - 2013) where having tap to click registers 'ghost' taps while typing (no matter how hard i try to keep my hands from brushing the trackpad-- i swear its doing it on its own). it drives me nuts and i've had to disable tap to click as a result. being that there is now no mechanical click, i worry this issue would become unavoidable.

But on the flip side, perhaps the addition of pressure sensitivity actually fixes the problem of false-positives?

I'm sure you'd have a job on accidently "clicking" the force touch trackpads. Plus you can change the sensitivity to a "firm" click.

CaptainChunk

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
At first I thought the Force Trackpad was a bit gimmicky, but after about 3 weeks, I'm digging it quite a bit. Being able to register a "click" anywhere on its surface is awesome.

I'm also really curious to see how 3rd-party developers will implement its pressure sensitivity characteristics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.