Does anyone else absolutely love the new force touch trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jacoblee23, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I love it. I don't ever want to go back to the old one now that I have experienced this one.

2. aodesigns macrumors member

+1. Didn't think it'd particularly appreciate the upgrade, but damn I do now! XD

3. SE43 macrumors member

I really do like it. It feels more "real" than I thought it would.

But my favourite part being able to click anywhere. That to me would mean I wouldn't easily be able to go back to a traditional trackpad.

4. stevemiller macrumors 65816

i only tried it once in store but i was definitely more impressed with the 'illusion' than i thought i would be.

however, i have had a long standing issue (mpb's spanning 2008 - 2013) where having tap to click registers 'ghost' taps while typing (no matter how hard i try to keep my hands from brushing the trackpad-- i swear its doing it on its own). it drives me nuts and i've had to disable tap to click as a result. being that there is now no mechanical click, i worry this issue would become unavoidable.

But on the flip side, perhaps the addition of pressure sensitivity actually fixes the problem of false-positives?

5. SE43 macrumors member

I'm sure you'd have a job on accidently "clicking" the force touch trackpads. Plus you can change the sensitivity to a "firm" click.

6. canteenboy macrumors newbie

I love the new trackpad. Using the old one feels odd now.

7. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

At first I thought the Force Trackpad was a bit gimmicky, but after about 3 weeks, I'm digging it quite a bit. Being able to register a "click" anywhere on its surface is awesome.

I'm also really curious to see how 3rd-party developers will implement its pressure sensitivity characteristics.

8. newellj macrumors 601

I do! Just bought a 2015 rMBP in part because of the trackpad.