Does anyone else feel like a giant? (Magic Keyboard)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kødskjold, Dec 11, 2015.

1. kødskjold, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015

kødskjold macrumors member

I stuck with the magic keyboard b/c I wanted as clean of an aesthetic as possible. I was wary of losing a numpad, but came to terms with it. Set everything up... feeling impressed by the weight and design of the keyboard. That is, until I started borking my keystrokes. My thumb knuckles often touch and my wrists have more radial deviation than they should (doesn't help having wide shoulders). I came from a rather large gaming keyboard. It looks cool, but I feel like Mr Incredible using this thing. (and I'm not a huge dude: 6'1", 180lbs)

Is it all in my head? Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: I should also note that I feel the same about the mouse; it's giving me hand cramps.

2. Fishrrman macrumors G3

OP wrote:
    "I stuck with the magic keyboard b/c I wanted as clean of an aesthetic as possible. I was wary of losing a numpad, but came to terms with it. Set everything up... feeling impressed by the weight and design of the keyboard. That is, until I started borking my keystrokes."

You have just discovered why "clean & aesthetic" can have absolutely nothing to do with the real world of day-to-day usability.

I haven't used an Apple keyboard or mouse since they introduced USB-based keyboards in the days of the first blue-colored iMac. I found NOTHING in ANY of them to be usable to me. I prefer old-style "IBM-like" keyboards with number pads, navigation keys, etc. -- and a real level of "feedback" when you hit the keys.

The old-style ones may -look- clunky, but they -work- ...

3. Osamede macrumors 6502

You should use a keyboard for at least two weeks before judging it. That goes for hardware and on screen types.

The Apple USB I eyboard is fine but I find the bluetooth one a bit better angle and form factor. But both very good IMO.