Does anyone else feel that we don't deserve itemized billing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jade Cambell, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Jade Cambell macrumors 6502

Think about it. AT&T (or any cell carrier), is offering us a service that if we lived to be 10,000 years old we would not figure out how to set up on our own.

They are in complete control of everything. We have no say over the matter because we are completely at their mercy, seeing as there is no way in hell any of us would figure out how to set up a cell tower and build a satellite on our own. They own us. We pay them for service to our cell phones, and if someone says "Hey! Why did I get charged 75 cents for this text message!?" AT&T can say "**** you, go figure out how to give yourself cell service without us."

Why do people feel that they are in a position to demand details from a company that is offering them a godly service? They give you the incredible service. You pay them. You don't like the cost? You quit paying, and you lose your service. Simple. Why do companies have to bother with all these anal bastards who like to see exactly what they're paying for? You're paying for cell service dumb ass! Deal with it!

2. avalys macrumors 6502

Wow, I wish I had some customers like you.

It's called competition. If AT&T didn't offer itemized billing, and generally acted as arrogantly as you suggest they should, people would jump to more accommodating providers.

3. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

4. aphexii macrumors 6502

In general, Consumer Protection Laws

5. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

In general I think people complain too much and ask too much of companies, but as far as itemized billing goes, I think every customer has the right to know exactly what he or she is being charged for.

Within reason of course.

I don't need to see the breakdown on what my calls cost them in R&D or for maintenance on their cell towers.

But if they are charging me, say, $59.99 for x features and then want to charge me additionally for something not covered by that fee, you better believe I expect it to be itemized so i know exactly what they are charging me for.