Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rbtrucking

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
I'm coming from a Note 8 and have always had the newest phone I am very tech savvy so it's not user error. Anyone else besides me find this thing to be extremely slow? I open an app or anything and the stupid thing just hangs. I have tried resetting rebooting I never leave excess apps open I've got tons of free space. I have the 256 gig and haven't even used up half yet.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas?

Stetch

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2017
Sweden
I'm coming from a Note 8 and have always had the newest phone I am very tech savvy so it's not user error. Anyone else besides me find this thing to be extremely slow? I open an app or anything and the stupid thing just hangs. I have tried resetting rebooting I never leave excess apps open I've got tons of free space. I have the 256 gig and haven't even used up half yet.

Must be something wrong there. Mine is blazing fast. Never heard anyone complaining that the X is slow in any way.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

As You can see from the other replies in this thread, the iPhone X is not slow by any means. So perhaps you have something contributing to the lag or try Setting your iPhone up as a new device.

Kmart9419

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2011

Probably defective. No such issue here. Everything mostly instantaneous.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

Read the forum and you will see you are in the minority. Must not be that tech savvy.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I have an 8, which is supposed to be of similar speed, and I've noticed that certain apps (Fitbit, I'm looking at you!) seem to be a bloated mess. The OS and bundled apps aren't too bad (and are certainly faster than my old 6) but some third-party apps are just terrible.

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Certainly while the phone is indexing after a fresh install, it might stutter a bit. Otherwise, no, it's definitely not a slow phone.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
I feel like the X's screen isn't as fluid with other phones Apple released, but I expect it to be smoothed out with iOS 11 getting improved with future updates. Only app I noticed issues on regularly is Reddit's official app. I believe they just updated it with X support so it could have a few hiccups here and there. X is very fast though. I enjoy the phone nevertheless. Might recommend factory reseting if not, then try replacing it at an Apple Store or carrier's point of sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.