Does anyone else get this "glitch"?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Ivan P, May 28, 2009.

1. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Ive noticed this over the last few days, but Im not sure what the cause of it is. Sometimes if I refresh a topic that has continued onto a new page, when I click the link to open said new page, or even click the 'next page' arrow, I'll just get the same page I was just on. For example, a minute ago I was in the "Microsoft confirms Zune HD..." topic, and added a reply on page 27. By the time the page had reloaded and added my reply, someone else had replied, creating page 28 of the topic. However, when I click on the '28' link, it merely reloads page 27 - same if I click the arrow as opposed to the page number. This has happened about 5 other times in the last few days.

Anyone know what this is? The only thing I can think of is a quick-acting moderator has deleted a bad post in the time between the current page loading and me clicking the link for the next page, meaning the 'new' page no longer exists...but I'm just trying to find an explanation for it :p

Anyone else experience this?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Yes, I've seen it before. Your theory agrees with mine, regarding moderators deleting a bad post.

3. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

This happens to me frequently.

I also have the 'submit reply' button show up as 'create new poll' button, but it still functions as the reply button.

4. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

The edit post buttons like to switch around and/or change to vote now

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I noticed this a lot as well.

This I'm presuming?
    [​IMG]

6. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Happens to me too.... Even thought the url in the address bar suggests I am on 'Page 75' i am actually on 74.

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

What thread?

I used to notice it before I was a mod but now it doesn't happen to me, which suggests it is a little glitch with deleted posts or something along those lines but it would be good to find an actual example so we can look into it.

8. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I always thought it meant someone was replying to a post and it was not submitted yet. The next page is being held because that is where the new post will be. So I always thought it was getting ready to turn the page?

Anyway I notice it all the time.

9. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

I've seen this on the Skyscraperpage forum as well, which has pretty much the same layout as MacRumors Forums. It's not a big issue as it corrects itself with further posts.

10. Pixellated macrumors 65816

That was just an example, but the same thing happened to me on part 9 of the 'Post your Mac Setup' thread after it had been created a couple of hous ago and was very busy.

11. philbeeney macrumors 6502

philbeeney

I've seen this on another forum that I view regularly. I think it's a vBulletin issue rather than a peculiarity with Macrumors.