Does anyone else HATE the 2016 MBP trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by badlydrawnboy, Feb 28, 2017.

1. badlydrawnboy macrumors 65816

I sure do.

About 15-20 times a day the cursor jumps from wherever it should be as I'm typing to some other place, presumably because a part of my hand hit the trackpad somewhere. I have big hands and even after a couple months this is still happening all the time.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the size of the previous trackpad. I do not understand why they did this. It's a huge step down in terms of user experience.

Was anyone clamoring for a larger trackpad? Were people sending in feedback requests for that? I doubt it.

I really do like most other aspects of this machine, though I still feel the TB is useless. (TouchID I like, TB, just a gimmick). But the trackpad drives me nuts.

2. Sanpete, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017

Sanpete macrumors 68020

Yes, there are others who feel as you do, and there are earlier threads that go into the details. Most people are enjoying the larger space, though. Try turning tap to click off if you have it enabled. It's in trackpad preferences.

3. jackoatmon macrumors 6502a

jackoatmon

yah there's a bunch of threads. lots of people who hate it, lots who love it. i think it's by far the worst thing about the machine. infinite misclicks all day every day.

4. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Do you have tap to click enabled? If so, why not turn it off?

5. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Why didn't I think of that? Oops. Yes, I do and will turn it off now. Small convenience not worth the 15-20 cursor jumps per day.

6. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

It would be nice if they would allow you to disable regions of the trackpad, at least for single click interaction.

Does anyone know if bettertouchtool can do that?

7. Sanpete macrumors 68020

I haven't heard of any way to do that, but it would be a nice feature.