Does anyone else have a hard time with the dock?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nykwil, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

Taking it in and out takes some getting used to. (that's what she said)

But no, seriously, I guess it's a learning curve, but I know that large plastic white area behind the dock is meant for putting your hand on to stabilize it while you pull the ipad out, and as much as the home button helps with alignment I still cant put it in without a few tries

2. DetroitBORG macrumors regular

I knew the dock was going to be a problem when I saw it, there is no way to line it up before it lands on the sharp connector. I've already scratched my iPad, and I'm very careful! And unfortunately, none of the docks will work with a case.

3. kirchnrd macrumors 6502

kirchnrd

Removing is not an issue, but docking is. It is hard to line up the connectors without scratching the area around the iPad base.

4. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Dock was a complete waste of money as far as i am concerned. Useless!

5. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

Hmmm, I was wondering about that. I love the idea of a dock, but it seems a simple stand will be the way to go. Disapointing.

6. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

A little off topic but I'm looking forward to the book arc for this very reason.

7. GregGebhardt macrumors 6502

Agreed, I tried it one time and saw what a PITA it was going to be and tossed it in the garbage can. Even after getting it docked my cat knocked it over in less than a minute! Why did they make it so small, was it to make it easer to ship? LOL!

8. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

I think the dock should be wider and heavier. But my real problem with the dock is the fact that it's white.

Yeah, I know all Apple docks are white, but most of their products used to be white as well. Now it looks stupid having a white plastic dock sitting underneath a black and silver iPad. The dock should be black or silver, to match the iPad.

9. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I haven't opened ours yet.... but you guys have me thinking about returning it at this point.

I need to talk to the kid about it...

10. mozartwon macrumors member

Agree, this is a poor design.

11. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

12. CanonicalKoi macrumors regular

I don't know; I kind of like it. It would be nice if it were aluminum to match and I'd like the capability of putting it in landscape in the dock. At the same time, it puts the iPad at a nice angle (for me, anyway) and I haven't had any problems putting it in the dock. Rather than trying to guess where the port is, I flip the iPad over and put the dock on the iPad rather than the other way around. To be fair, I just have a dock and not a dock/keyboard combo which would be a bigger problem.