iPad Does anyone else have a noisy home button? (Air 2)

TheBoxer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
When I got my Air 2 on Wed, one of the first things I noticed was that the home button made a loud clicking sound when I clicked on it. My iPhone 5s never does that. Once on Wed then again on Thursday, the home button got stuck and the iPad froze. After about 2min, I'd hear a loud click sound (when the home button got unstuck) and then the iPad would restart. Today twice I heard the home button click loudly while it got unstuck. It did that while I was reading a book. One time I even heard a spring type noise. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
When I got my Air 2 on Wed, one of the first things I noticed was that the home button made a loud clicking sound when I clicked on it. My iPhone 5s never does that. Once on Wed then again on Thursday, the home button got stuck and the iPad froze. After about 2min, I'd hear a loud click sound (when the home button got unstuck) and then the iPad would restart. Today twice I heard the home button click loudly while it got unstuck. It did that while I was reading a book. One time I even heard a spring type noise. Has anyone else experienced something similar?
Not me.

jeremy89632

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
Yes the iPad home button has a louder clicking tactile feedback as compared to the Air 1.

But it doesn't 'stick' like how you described it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.