iPhone X Does anyone else have an "Apple bias" for their iPhone X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

Hieveryone

I'm using the iPhone X, and I've found that the accessories I enjoy most are Apple products. Maybe it's bias, maybe it's not. But for example:

I own Bose in ear headphones, yet I tend to grab my Apple lightning earbuds that came in the box.

I've never used a case much, but tried one from Amazon for my iPhone X. Stopped using it after awhile.

THEN

I got myself an Apple leather case, and I use it all the time. It's the first case I'm actually using for iPhone.

2. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Your only question was asking about the iPhoneX, which is an unfair question, as only Apple sells the iPhoneX. People get an iPhone, because that's what they want. Not sure if you can technically call that a "bias" - maybe just a preference.

Your post, on the other hand, provided other information about your own personal preferences.
    I don't see anything wrong with appreciating Apple products, and Apple's accessories, even to the point where you prefer to use those Apple products, despite having the choice of other brands. Seems almost normal to me :cool:

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I like my Bose headphone way better that the included buds. Only time I bought the Apple leather case was for use as a temporary ask till my Sedio case arrived. Never use the leather case again.

After returning three MacBook Pro laptops, I went with Windows on a Thinkpad.

I use what works best for me, not always Apple’s.

4. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

Hieveryone

Maybe I'm just deaf...

But I have the Bose in ear headphones, and I kind of like the sound of my lightning Apple earbuds better.

Maybe it's the adapter hurting sound quality? I don't know.

5. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Or, maybe just your own preference kicking in.
    Who really cares if other products are advertised as better, or test with higher fidelity, or even simply an opinion from someone else?
    Your ears are the only thing that matters in the end.

Or, maybe you are like me, and have been against the Bose audio philosophy since the first release of the Bose 901 (this is not to derail this thread to Bose-bashing. Nearly 50 years since my first listen, and I choose to keep a poor opinion of the company, and its products.)

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Alot of what you’re saying worded awkwardly. Basically you’re saying you have preferences of what you like and dislike, Thats completely natural to not have everything Apple related. For example: I use my Airpods quite frequently, but some times I prefer my wired Klipsch headphones with my iPhone, but I’m not entirely faithful to everything Apple.

7. tarsins macrumors 6502a

tarsins

I always buy from the Apple Store, even if the item is non-Apple. My Macs, iPad and iPhone X all use Apple power adapters and cables. I don't use cases or screen protectors except the Smart Cover on my iPad. My Apple Watch straps are all Apple. I use AirPods and HomePods. The only non-Apple things are the Anker wireless chargers but I bought them from the Apple Store. It makes life easier - but not cheaper.

8. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I only use Apple cases for the most part. I really hate big chunky cases with random logos on them. I like the thin Apple cases with only Apple logo. I'm weird like that.

9. BlankStar macrumors 6502a

BlankStar

I'm getting where you're going... I sometimes realize that it's become hard for me to be really critical when it comes to Apple products... Tend to prefer them no matter what.

Not a good evolution...