Does anyone else have an unhealthy obsession for Last.fm?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Cromulent, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I just found this site yesterday (yes, I do live under a rock) and wow it is pretty good. The fact that it recommends music based on exactly what you listen too is something that I have been looking for for a long time.

The only problem I have noticed is the site gets pretty slow at times. But looking through all the band information is a great way of wasting time. Anyone else spend a lot of time on the site?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I have WebClips so I know when it updates my info, meaning there may be more recommendations.

The fact that it doesn't scrobble my Connect360 plays throws my charts quite a way off though. I listen to punk music through my TV a lot as headphones don't do the songs justice.

http://www.last.fm/user/psychofreak

3. 119576 Guest

I don't tend to connect my iPod to my Mac very often, so my charts are also way off because I listen to a shedload of stuff while I'm walking to University each day.

4. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

No. I dont see anything great about it. I have one, thats about it, I just log in and them browse to some other page. Nothing to do on it.

5. Cromulent thread starter macrumors 603

Cromulent

Ha! Sweet just found the Macrumours group :). Now I can ruin the top artists for the week for the group :p.

Shame Cromulent was already taken as a username :(.

6. philbeeney macrumors 6502

philbeeney

If you're in the US you can listen to pandora.com. They're like last.fm but without all the facebook/myspace stuff.

I've listened to a lot of new stuff that is similar to my music tastes and ended up buying quite a bit of new music this way.

7. Cromulent thread starter macrumors 603

Cromulent

English I'm afraid :).

8. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

This thread finally made me give it a go.

First impressions aren't great, I had to set my iPod to automatic syncing to get it to work properly, and it's not possible to "scrobble" with my iPhone on my computer.

9. cube macrumors G5

last.fm's similarity is poor. The real deal is pandora.com

10. Cromulent thread starter macrumors 603

Cromulent

The real advantage of the site if you ask me is the fact that you can search for your favourite artist and then listen to similar artists radio. I've only been registered a day and I've already found three new bands I like.

11. cube macrumors G5

The "similar" stuff in last.fm is based on whatever set of random artists the users' listen to and the tags are contaminated by dummies and vandals that put whatever they want there. Just wait.

12. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Once you've been on it for a while, seeing the artists of your 'Neighbours' is fantastic.

13. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Might give it another go, some music can be embarrassing though :D

14. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

is there any way to resync your library with the site? i haven't been able to figure this out.

15. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I'll have to give this a go. Though, I listen to virtualy everything. So, it will be interesting to see what turns up.