iPhone Does anyone else have calls going strait to voicemail?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Yptcn, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

A few days ago I had a couple of calls where the phone didn't ring and if the people who called hadn't left voicemail , I would never have known about it .

Calls were not listed in missed calls . Do Not Disturb is not on . Phone is not on silence or vibrate .

Today it got worse , no call came through . Tested with a friend at the other end of the couch …

Resetting networks seemed to work for a while .

When loading iOS 7 , I did a clean install and all went fine . I got the iMessage problem after installing 7.0.2 and now this .

Has anyone else have this issue ?

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Who's your carrier? When I was on Tmobile, this happened to my quite a few times on my iPhone 5 on iOS 6. I went to AT&T and the problem went away.

After getting a 5s on iOS 7, it has only happened to me once on AT&T.

3. SusanK macrumors 68000

That happened to a friend before smartphones were mainstream. The issue was the handset not registering with the tower. Temporary workaround was to make an outgoing call thus forcing registration. Hope that helps until your issue is resolved with your carrier.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

It was a fairly widespread issue with one if the iOS 7 betas (beta 3 or 4) and some particular carriers. It's been addressed since then but at times there seem to be people who experience it still. I actually had it happen a couple of times for part of a day a week or so ago, sort of out if nowhere.

5. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I have had this problem since I got an iPhone 5 on launch day from Verizon. Yes - it has been going on more than a year. I've been through several levels of technical support, devices, and SIM cards. No fix yet. It still happens with my 5S, so I am convinced it is on the account level.

I was ready to bail on Verizon and switch to AT&T because of this issue. My wife's work iPhone 5 is with AT&T. She never had this problem until downloading iOS 7. Now, more often than not, when I call her it goes straight to voicemail.

Quite frustrating all around.

6. Yptcn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

Yesterday I did a clean install…again .

I called my provider this morning. They had me shut off my phone , did a test of some sort , turn it back on and then dial ##002# which is supposed to reset call forwardings .

The lady I talked to said that my sim card is now up to date but couldn't explain why it wasn't in the first place …

So hopefully things are in order now ;-) I'll have to test in the next few days ..

My provider is Orange France .

Never having a problem before makes me believe the glitch came when downloading iOS 7.0.2 .

7. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

I get this with my 5S on EE in the uk. Luckily if someone calls and it doesn't reach my phone AND they don't leave a voicemail, EE send me a text to let me know the number and time of call, but it does seem to happen randomly and for no reason.

I always assumed it was signal related since I get it mostly at work, where the signal in the back office is practically non existent.

But judging by others having the issue too on different carriers, it's probably partially ios 7 related as well.

8. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I've had many a call go straight to vm prior to iOS 7 so if it's OS related then it's just bleedover. I always assumed it (and numerous dropped calls) were signal related and blamed AT&T.