Does anyone else have headphone position OCD?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JoshGlzBrk, Dec 13, 2009.

1. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

I don't know of it's just me but everytime I listen to music or anything on my iPhone I always make sure that "R" is in my right ear and "L" is in my left. It just makes me crazy if I ever do it the wrong way. Is it just me or is anyone else like this? Lol.

2. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

i do the same thing. most of the music i listen to (as well as most professionally produced music) has different parts of the song being played on the right or left, or in-between somewhere.
    listen closely to songs with guitar parts, some guitars will be on one side, and the others on the other side.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Well, considering they are uncomfortable when placed in the wrong ears, yes.

4. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Well I do find them very uncomfortable if I have them the wrong way round. They are labelled like that for a reason, since they are shaped differently. I wouldn't say OCD as much as just using them as designed.

5. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Well it's not as essential with music, but I do ensure I have them in the right ears. Obviously, with something like a movie or a game, having your headphones in the right ears can be essential to matching the video displayed on the screen.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, it is just using them properly.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yeah, I wouldn't say wearing your shoes on the right feet would count as OCD. I honestly don't understand how people put them in reversed; it's uncomfortable and sounds weird when you have L/R only audio in a track.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

+1