Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Since it was implemented in iOS I rarely have this feature off.

If I do accidentally leave it off, my XR does have ‘all day’ battery life, but it’s on its last legs at the end of the day.

However, with low power mode, it’ll keep on going until the middle / early afternoon of the next day.

(This is playing Spotify, using maps a little and browsing the web).

So for this reason alone, I don’t mind manually checking my email & having to refresh my apps etc.

I don’t even mind the screen brightness being a little bit dimmer - in fact I prefer it.

So does anyone else use their phone in this way?

coffeeplease

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2019
I'll only turn it on if I know I won't last until I can get to a charger. I know people who keep it on because their phone/battery is old and won't last the day without it.

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
I rarely use it on my 11 Pro simply because the battery life is so great even without low power mode on. However, I used low power mode all day almost daily on my X, especially the last 6-8 months I owned it thanks to a degrading battery.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Ick, no. I like my phone to have full capabilities, and I really see no point in not using the full power of the OLED screen.

I have a power bank in my purse if I'm away from an outlet for too long, but I rarely have this issue. Like, maybe once every couple of months.

Reactions: Ericdjensen

forestinjersey

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
Clicks on at 20%, but my iPhone 11 has never hit that in the week I've had it. Battery life is insanely good coming from a 7+

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Ick, no. I like my phone to have full capabilities, and I really see no point in not using the full power of the OLED screen.

I have a power bank in my purse if I'm away from an outlet for too long, but I rarely have this issue. Like, maybe once every couple of months.
Are we simply talking about a potential slight brightness adjustment when it comes to LPM and “the full power of the OLED screen”?

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
I always have it on. I just like everything on my time schedule not on my iPhone's schedule. So if I want to check email or refresh apps, I want to do it myself.

freakomac

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
When I don't have access to a charger or like times when I'm outside for a long time I turn on low power mode. It certainly seems to help in getting through that time especially on older devices.
When I do have charger access though I run it on full blast.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
I use it on my XS whenever I travel and know I probably won't have access to a charger for a while. My battery health is at 85%, maybe time to think about a new battery.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
I could see using it on an older device, but something new, I see no point. I have never had an iPhone beyond one year since I use the yearly upgrade option with Verizon. I also prefer push data to happen in real time, not hours later when I happen to check my email, etc.

Reactions: Ntombi

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2014
Always on. Though I love my SE, I find its battery life not leaving up to how that aspect has universally been praised. No matter usage, its battery life graph in the Apple's app will always appear as a steadily declining curve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.