Does anyone else have the problem with Safari sometimes showing old pages?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Bladery, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Bladery macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

with my iPad and iPhone (the actual ones and older models) I noticed that Safari sometimes shows me pages which I have already closed hours or even days before.
    It's just when I open Safari and it will show me this site and will disappear after about 1 second or less. It then shows me the website I opened the session before...

I don't know if that can be a reason but my feelings say that RAM should be blamed for that.

Bladery

2. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

It has been discussed before, and is apparently not so much a bug as it is a "feature" to convey the impression of speediness in the Safari browser. I think the intent is to preload the browser image so you see something in front of you as the browser loads, rather than just a blank screen.

Unfortunately, this clearly was not implemented properly. Imagine the embarrassment when you open your browser during a presentation in front of the audience, only for everyone to see traces of your browsing habits from the night before.

3. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I am gonna have to pay attn now. I have a couple times got a page turned about 22.5 degrees in btwn changes pages/screens. Gotta remember or make a note if safari/mercury and or gmail. It is there for a split second.

4. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

Yes! This happens on my iPad 4 running 7.1.2! It's weird sometimes it shows something I was looking at weeks ago even if I cleared the history and closed all tabs! Yes be careful what you are looking at! ;)

5. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Maybe its cache? I've noticed something similar with the Music app. When I unlock my phone while playing music, it will first show a previously played song but then update to the current song.

6. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm glad that you have the same problem and it's not just me being paranoid or so haha

Yeah I experienced the same with a page I opened months ago. It seemed to be stucked in Safari because it always showed just this page...

Hopefully iOS 9 will fix this damn annoying bug!
    Besides, I don't really think (and hope) this is a feature!

7. I7guy macrumors G5

This just happened to me today, where a page I closed days ago, appeared as I was opening a new page. As you said, hope it's fixed.

8. California macrumors 68040

California