Does anyone else here does this?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by thehustleman, Dec 3, 2013.

1. thehustleman macrumors 65816

When a new game I want comes out, first thing I do is find out which system has the superior version and I buy that version.

For example splinter cell blacklist came out and I found a super deal on it for 25 (they have yet to make a bad splinter cell) but I had to decide which version to get.

I looked at reviews and comparisons and went with the xbox 360 version.

Why?

1080p, less screen tearing, better textures, fastest loading times and a better controller.

I feel if I'm going to pay for a game (I never pay full price lol) I should at least get the very best version of that game.

THIS is why real gamers have both systems - best version of every game

Anyone else do this?

2. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

It's much easier for me - I buy the game for the one system that I own! :D

3. thehustleman thread starter macrumors 65816

I tried that, but then I miss out on great games.

I can't just go with ps3 because I'd miss out on dead rising, halo, Crackdown and whatever other exclusives ms has, plus the better version of se games.

I can't just go with 360 then I miss out on uncharted and infamous and whatever Sony exclusives plus the better version of some games.

I just like the best of anything I get.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I have all systems (well except Xbox One) and I will generally always just buy the game to the machine that it is best upon, however in case of Splinter Cell - I went with Wii U.

The Xbox 360 version is not 1080p however - it's 720p upscaled. Much like almost EVERY 360 title that has 1080p on the box.

Wii U version also uses the gamepad screen for all the door cameras and other funky things that actually make it the better version for me. It is actually 1080p too, not upscaled and has V-Sync enabled which means there is NO screen tearing (although frame rate drops on occasion).

However if your playing it for multiplayer and DLC then obviously 360 is the format to choose over Wii U and possibly PS3.

5. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Too much money to spend for me, considering how little time I actually have to spend on this hobby. I could afford it, but I can't justify it. (Much like buying big games on launch day - I always wait ~6 months and pay half price for them!)

The only XBOX exclusives I was very jealous of were Bioshock and the Mass Effect trilogy - they both eventually made it to PS3, so I am a happy camper! :)

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

"real gamers", because "real gamers" have enough income to afford both systems+subscriptions. If you can only afford one you aint real dawg.

My process for buying games;
    Does it work best on a handheld> get that.
    Is there a PC version> get that. Because technically multiplatform games are "the best version" on PC.
    "But do you want it now or can you wait for a Steam sale?"
    Is it exclusive> get it on that console.
    Is it on both Sony and Microsoft consoles> Sony, because it's quieter than my Xbox 360 and HDMI link switches my whole system on+off with PS3.

7. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

1. Is the game online?
    2. Is it a game I'd bother playing online?
    3. Which version are my friends getting?

Most multi platform games I brought were on 360 this gen, it was only within the last year or so that I started getting PS3 versions if my friends were going to play online.

8. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I buy everything for PS4/3 unless it is exclusive to Wii U. I basically only have my Wii U for Nintendo exclusives.

As for Xbox exclusives, there is only one that I give the slightest care about, and that is Forza. But considering that Gran Turismo is much better than Forza, the Xbox is a whole load of pointless for me.