Does anyone else miss any of the old operating systems?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SideStepSociety, May 3, 2011.

1. SideStepSociety macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

...or am I simply bonkers?

Looking back at Tiger in particular makes me feel all sentimental like. Even Leopard, for some reason beyond me, does to a certain extent.

Sometimes I partition my HD simply to run the old OS just for the feel. I usually end up getting rid of it in a couple of days. :p But I always enjoy visiting older versions of the Mac OS now and again.

Yeah, yeah, too much free time, I know. :)

Anybody else encounter this? What OS do you miss?

2. simsaladimbamba

10.4 Tiger.
    It seemed to be more stable on my G4 iBook and for the short time (1 week) it was on my iMac in late 2007.
    Though I like Spaces and QuickLook a lot, that's why I have 10.6 now. I think I will forego Lion for a while, until a proper Spaces solution is found, and I always upgraded to a new OS the day it came out (Panther to Tiger, Tiger to Leopard, Leopard to Snow Leopard).

3. SideStepSociety thread starter macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

I agree with you on Lion. I'm hoping by launch time they'll have gotten Spaces all ironed out.

I see a lot of potential with Lion. It almost seems like it could be the next Tiger. It's doing for Snow Leopard what Tiger did for Panther. At least, that's how it looks/feels to me, at this stage in the game anyway.