Does anyone else miss the old macOS install/welcome movies?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Lounge vibes 05, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Lounge vibes 05 macrumors newbie

Back in the day, when you installed a new version of macOS, at the time Mac OS X, or you bought a new computer, after booting up, you would select your language. Then, you would see a gray screen for a few seconds, than a video would begin to play. These videos would show the word Welcome in all different languages while playing up beat music, against a different background, depending on the version of OS X. For 10.0 through 10.2, the word welcome was displayed against a blue, water like substance. For 10.3, it was updated with new music, and the word Welcome was displayed against a blue background, and than a sharp, metal X took up the screen. These heavily took appearance from the old DVD boxes, with the 10.0 and 10.1 boxes displaying an X against a blue, water like background, and the 10.3 box having the same metal X to represent the new metal look in the finder. For 10.4 Tiger, the video was updated to feature the word against blue spotlights, much like the Tiger box, to represent the new at the time spotlight search feature. Leopard's video was very similar, but the spotlights were replaced with a space theme, like the box, to signify the new leopard look, and the new Time Machine feature. Snow Leopard's video remained the same. However, when Lion was released, there was no video, and there has not been since than. Now, you just see the set up assistant app, with no video. I was wondering if I am the only one that really misses these things. There just one of the fun things about macOS that Apple removed. After this, it was the Time Machine animations, replaced with the boring white look we have now.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 20, 2017 ---
    Here are the videos:

2. rcoden macrumors newbie

rcoden

Short answer, but yes, I miss them. I pull up the videos a few times a year on YouTube to reminisce.