Does anyone else not care about social networking features?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jp700p, Jun 6, 2011.

1. jp700p, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011

jp700p macrumors regular

I might be in the minority for this one, but vote me up if you agree.

I don't give a ***** about social networking. When Facebook was all about college students (Hell, unless you had a college email address, you couldnt even register) back in the day, it was awesome. I remember being at parties and instead of exchanging phone numbers, you told people your full name and tell them to go on Facebook to look you up. Facebook was walled and does not have creepy old men, spam and my mom. Now when I log in (very rarely) all I see is this kind of crap:

- Vague whinny posts about relationship perils.
    - "LOOK AT ME!!!!" photos. For females, its mirror pictures of cleavage. For guys, its pictures of new rims on the car or a picture of drunkenness.
    - Friend requests by people who you didn't care about in high school/college and now all of a sudden they want to be friends on Facebook.
    - Stupid links to suck-ass music videos or crotch injury videos.
    - Invites to join the mafia, farming or take a survey to see what celebrity you are.
    - How much the person loves the new person they are dating, but yet when you view previous wall posts, they have loved many other people.
    - Awkward main profile pic. Its usually someone on the ground laughing (probably about to black out from drinking) or a picture of the person doing a funny pose in-front of a statue.
    - Someone changing there profile pic every half hour....
    - Photos of tattoos that the person will more then likely regret in a few years but yet its so counterculture everyone is supporting the ill-advised decision via photo comments.

Whocares about twitter and facebook crap.

I can't wait for the day that Facebook/Twitter is gone.

2. pyro008 macrumors 6502

Yes. I'm disappointed it hasn't gone the way of myspace yet.

3. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Don't care about it and don't use it so don't think about it.

4. EddyP macrumors 6502

Add me to the list. I don't give a crap about twitter or facebook.

Discussion forums like this are enough social networking for me.

5. iLucas macrumors 6502

I agree with OP. I don't use twitter, although I do have facebook that is getting annoying. I check it every now and then and its filled with drama and stuff i could care less about. I'm starting to check it less and less.

6. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

I'll admit that Facebook has been useful for me to reconnect with some people that I otherwise wouldn't have, and some of the things the OP lists as annoying can be handled through the settings (if you can find them). Twitter on the other hand just duplicates Facebook's news feed in functionality, so I don't even bother with it.

7. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Personally, I use Facebook a lot. And I don't know if you're aware, but you can clean up your newsfeed, so it'll only display the things you care about. I like the new features, except for Twitter. I think they should have integrated Facebook instead. I don't know many people these days that still use Twitter.

8. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Probably what, 700 Million users between the two majors(facebook and twitter) and growing. That's a lot of iOS/Android owners who do want those sevrices....you don't have to use those features in the OS though you knwo that right? they're not all gun to your head, start a twitter account

9. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

All I see is more bloat built in, = less performance and battery life :(

10. pintnight macrumors 6502

Same here.

11. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Um, so don't log in and use them
    They aren't forced on anyone, you have to choose to access them

12. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror