Does anyone else NOT have the antenna issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by plesset, Jun 25, 2010.

1. plesset macrumors member

With all the hoopla over the antenna issue I am curious if everyone else is having this issue or just a few. I took a video of my iPhone 4 and I don't seem to have the problem. Perhaps its my location or just a defect in a few models.

I am in Pittsburgh in an area that generally gets decent coverage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9OKTJRckzI

2. hippo206 macrumors 6502

I believe there is 2 other threads with this exact title.

But to answer your question, I am NOT having the antenna issue.

3. lcdbot27 macrumors member

Me as well. I've tried all day, at home, at work, out in stores, etc. I was even in a Best Buy (looking for cases) and a guy was showing off his doing it. I tried recreating it right there, but I maintained signal. So weird. Do I have a defective hand??

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

It all depends on your signal strength. At home and at work, I can get my signal to degrade. However, at my friend's house, no matter how hard I try, the signal stays strong.

5. ttech10 macrumors 6502

The only time I get a drop in reception is when I bridge the gap with a key. Using my finger or in average daily use the reception is perfect.

6. peestandingup macrumors regular

Exactly. I do believe every single ip4 is effected (because they're all designed the same).

The people that say they aren't are likely in a strong area for signal & dont notice the reception drop.

7. plesset thread starter macrumors member

So in essence when you are in a bad reception area you get bad reception when you hold the phone. Hmmm... Ummm....

When you look up redundant in the dictionary does it say see "redundant"

8. jimbean9 macrumors member

9. peestandingup macrumors regular

No, when you're in a mediocre reception area (where you could hold calls before) you now get a brick.

10. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Not a brick but an expensive monthly ipod touch ), it doesnt lose its other functions because of no connection .

11. Luminyx macrumors member

When I purchased my phone last night, I encountered the problem. I decided to take it home, slept, and woke up trying to replicate the antenna issue. It wouldn't drop. I tried it all day at work and it was consistently 4-5 bars. I'm trying it in my house right now too (5 bars) and it won't budge.

12. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Nope, I'm not having the problem either, both me and a friend have both tried to replicate this problem and cannot get the signal to drop

13. plesset thread starter macrumors member

I would love to see video of someone dropping a call holding the phone this way. I think this is just an inaccurate display of the signal strength. If anyone had the issue please upload a video while you are talking on it so we can see if it really drops the call or just displays low bars..