All iPads Does anyone else not use email on their iPad or iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by max2, Aug 18, 2016.

1. max2 macrumors 68020

I just can't get use to email on my iDevice. I tried. Yes I tried other email apps.

2. blaine07 macrumors 68000

I personally prefer default Email application. I have also had a good experience using "spark" as well :)

3. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

I tried both before and just hate the double folders of stuff. Like double trash folders, etc. I should most likely take a picture of it when I get a chance to show you all what I am talking about that is annoying.

4. blaine07 macrumors 68000

What email provider are you using if you don't mind my asking?

5. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

Cox High Speed Internet.

I tried both POP3 at first then IMAP.

6. blaine07 macrumors 68000

And it's doubling folders?

7. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

Yes.

8. blaine07 macrumors 68000

Yeah, screenshot may help...

9. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

Ok one sec.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 18, 2016 ---
    Maybe I over exaggerated a little.

See there a duplicate Trash folder which I hate seeing.

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Aug 18, 2016 ---
    I guess I am a perfectionist and hate having it look like that. Looking to see if there any jailbreak tweaks that would delete the duplicate folder.

10. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

That's not a duplicate trash bin, it's an archive folder named "trash". In your mail settings you have delete=archive set somewhere.

11. dangerfish macrumors 6502

12. martint235 macrumors 6502

martint235

Still trying to find the perfect email app. Tried Gmail, Spark, Inbox, Airmail. I can;t get Polymail to show any email at all and I've just gone back to Outlook on my Iphone SE after I realised Airmail was accounting for 25% of my battery

13. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

14. martint235 macrumors 6502

martint235

To be honest I can't remember what my issue with Gmail was. I'm essentially cycling through them now sticking with each one for a week or so and then figuring out what it's lacking. The airmail battery use I just noticed means that's not on the list for a while though

15. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I use the Gmail app and it works great. Of course I prefer to check my messages on a desktop but it works when I'm in one of my many meetings and still have to keep up with the volume.

16. Abazigal macrumors G3

Abazigal

Using the Outlook app for iOS. The focused inbox is awesome, didn't realise how much junk mail I was receiving until now.

17. bliggs macrumors 6502

bliggs

I use Outlook. I do love the focused inbox! I just wish that it wouldn't combine the emails together when I copy other people into the thread. Otherwise, it's pretty awesome.

18. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Personally, I'm really lazy about checking email. Pretty much the only reason I even read my emails now is thanks to the integrated apps on smartphones and tablets. I just use the default mail app on iOS and Android. I only check Gmail on my Android devices. I've got my Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail accounts on iOS (the iPad is my primary device).

19. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

I recommend the app "CloudMagic". I originally tried it because I was using the combination of an Android tablet and an iPhone, and I wanted a cross-platform mail app so that I would have the same experience on both devices. It also supports and combines every email account I have seamlessly, including hotmai/outlook, exchange, and gmail. It allowed for the addition of file attachments before the native iOS mail app did, and its search function is quick and effective. It also works in sync with other apps such as OneNote and Evernote, allowing you to send emails and attachments directly to notebooks of your choosing, as well as other useful features.

CloudMagic is my primary means of accessing my email now. It's easily among my top 5 most essential apps. Maybe even top 3.

20. martint235 macrumors 6502

martint235

Gone back to Outlook at the mo. Issues are: no option for next message after delete; badge only works for focussed inbox.

Going to give cloudmagic another look

21. martint235 macrumors 6502

martint235

Early days but I think I've found a good email app, BlueMail currently seems to be meeting all my needs and it's free.

22. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

This is a case of not having the email set up correctly. You need to go into the advance settings and tell the iPad that your sent folder is the folder called "SentMail" and your trash folder is the folder called "Trash". For some reason your email provider did not properly communicate this to the iOS mail program when you set it up, so instead the mail program created duplicate folders for both sent and trash.

23. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

I liked Spark, mostly, it has a good share sheet functionality, unlike Apple Mail. But it has a super annoying bug where if you long press to start trying to copy some text from a message, it instantly opens it's own proprietary copy menu, so you can't drag the select lines to copy more than one word. It's a deal breaker for me because I copy addresses so often from PayPal emails. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?