Does anyone else notice a yellowish tint from side angles (matte screen)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shmutheprophet, Jun 19, 2008.

1. shmutheprophet macrumors regular

My MBP is open next to my desktop on the window where you Post New Threads in MR. on my desktop its grey where you the formatting options are. on my MBP its vanilla head on, and from the side has a yellowish tint. Is this normal? Is it my CRT thats messed up?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. shmutheprophet thread starter macrumors regular

I just calibrated it and changed the screen from Native to 9300 and changed from 1.8 to 2.2 and now it looks alot more like my CRT. Is it suppose to do that or is my screen weird or whats up

4. PDE macrumors 68020

Oh pleaaaase.... there are so many threads on this and other yellowing issues. That's why there's a search function!

To answer your question though: yes, it's 'normal' (as in ubiquitous) that these LED displays are like that. Changing it to 9300 may make it look more like your CRT, but those colors are way off and much too cold for any kind of color work.

5. shmutheprophet thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you.

Thanks for the help though.

6. PDE macrumors 68020

No problem. Just that it comes up every week and there are so many threads. It's more about me hanging around here too much, I think....

7. shmutheprophet thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I understand. I'll make sure to search first next time.

8. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

9. shmutheprophet thread starter macrumors regular

Wait so this IS something that happens alot but I should get replaced? It's only from side angles. Also how can I tell which monitor I have? When I open the Color LCD profile, it just shows manufacturer as blank.