Does anyone else SIM swap between iPhones for same #?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Jul 21, 2016.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Got an SE a few weeks ago, went straight to iOS 10 on it.

Got a 6s plus on 9.0.2 jailbroken still.

Been using SE 90% of the time, feels great in the hand and looks classy.

But sometimes I have the urge to phablet it up, nevermind wanting my tweaks

Just curious if any one else SIM swaps? Not a work phone and personal phone, but same line and a phone fetish?

2. Medusa3 macrumors member

Medusa3

I went back and forth between a 6s and a 6s+ until I figured out which I wanted to be my daily driver. Only did it for like a week though

3. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I do it with iPhones and Android phones from time to time but never two iPhones.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I did it all the time. No problems with it except I noticed after 4-5 times the little SIM door gets a "tiny" bit loose but caused no problem.

5. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I do the same exact thing. I swap my SIM card between my 6s and SE. I have iOS 10 PB on my 6s and 9.3.3 on my SE. Was using my 6s a lot testing out the PB, but lately I have been using my SE as I absolutely love how it feels in my hand.

I almost lost my SIM when I was switching from my 6s to the SE. Thank goodness for my fiancée finding it though. But I've had no issues with the SIM trays. Although my 6s tray is a bit scratched up.

6. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

havent experienced this on either device, same as always.

not worried about it

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Then you should worry not.

8. BearBert macrumors member

BearBert

Yeah I do this all the time. More specifically on gym days.

9. dsr2 macrumors regular

dsr2

I have done that. I have a 6s plus and a 6s. The plus is my daily driver but I switch when I feel the need for something smaller, and go with the 6s.

10. now i see it macrumors 65816

I swap.
    iPhone 5 is my pocket thrash/long hike phone. 6+ is my iPad/iPhone/computer

11. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

I switch sims all the time between SE, 6s plus and Note 5.

12. akash.nu macrumors 68000

akash.nu

So which one is it?

13. akash.nu macrumors 68000

akash.nu

Too much effort for me. I have 2 separate lines. iPhone 6 for personal use and Android for business use.

14. Aston441 macrumors 6502a

I used to. It's a PITA though, especially when the phones are in tight cases. I ended up just putting the smaller "out playing" 5s on a cheap T-Mobile plan It's worth the $30 a month for me to just be able to grab whichever phone I want.

15. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Nope. I have separate SIM cards in my Galaxy S7 Edge, Moto X, and iPhone SE, but I only pay for service on my Galaxy S7 Edge. I get free service in the other two and just use Google Voice and Hangouts, so I get calls and texts on all of my devices, including my two iPads.

16. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Couldn't do it even if I wanted to. Have an Apple Watch. It is a hassle to unpair and re-pair. I supposed I just need to have two watches...

17. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I occasionally swap from my 6 Plus to an older 5 for when I'm spending lots of time outdoors, water parks, beach, etc., but probably only two or three times a year.

18. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I have a 6SPlus and an SE. I took the sim out of the 6SPlus and put it into the SE for daily pocket friendly use to work in tandem with my Apple Watch. I've not yet had a need to switch the sim back to the larger iPhone but I can't imagine that it wouldn't work if I did.

I'm planning on getting a Samsung Note7 for my birthday to be a sort of pocket planner, which is what I'm using the 6S Plus for now. I was going to trade the 6SPlus in on AT&T Next for the Note7, but my husband heard of the probable BOGO deal on T-Mobile for the Note7 so now he wants to get us his-n-hers accounts on T-Mobile for the Notes.

So the 6S Plus will likely stay in reserve until I want to upgrade on AT&T. The SE will be passed to family if Apple releases a new 4" model someday.

19. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I use to. Now I have 5 lines foe $140 on T-Mobile so I just bring whatever phone I want and don't worry about it. I do tend to move my main number between an iPhone and my S7 Edge though.

20. Medusa3 macrumors member

Medusa3

I went for the plus