Does anyone else think iTunes 8.1 isn't any faster?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drossad, Mar 13, 2009.

1. drossad macrumors regular

Am I the only one that hasn't seen a speed increase in the iTunes store, even though it claims to be faster?

The store has been incredibly slow since the last couple updates. Anyone else agree?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I dont think the speedup was in the store (i dont buy anyway so I wouldnt know) but the load times are amazingly faster, in windows man, WINDOWS

3. iBug2 macrumors 68040

The store UI is at least 3 times faster on my octo 2.8 with 8800GT. The overall UI is a lot faster in general as well.

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    No, the software is much faster. I don't know about the store.

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

On my Mac I'm actually finding it a bit slower than 8.0...

6. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

I am encountering lags in cover flow that did not occur in the last version.

7. drossad thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, the store has been incredibly slow since atleast 8.0, maybe before. It is quite frustrating since I work in the music field and I am constantly searching and buying music.
    I have also noticed it takes longer to boot when you first start it up.

8. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

On my 2.0ghz iMac G5, iTunes 8.0 was actually faster software wise for starting up. On 8.1 it's about the same for startup time, but I get the spinning beachball for about a half a second every time I start it.

9. olliea95 macrumors regular

olliea95

Only just loaded 8.1 so hadn't had time to see if it any faster, but I have noticed, first start up was incredibly fast on my 400mhz.

IMO, from what I have done with it so far, it is loads faster - good job Apple :D

10. SteinMaster macrumors 6502

SteinMaster

I also have lags in cover flow. At times, it will not scroll. Very irritating. 8.0 was much smoother.

11. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

I found that if you swipe vertically it doesn't lag.

12. macbrown macrumors newbie

Scroll vertically.... I didn't know about this until now! It works a lot better to just move one or two albums apart, horizontal scroll seems to be more for moving to different parts of your library further apart. Maybe this update is Apple's way of telling us this. Horizontal scrolling is very inaccurate in 8.1.

I've found the update to be slower than 8.0, I'm seeing the beach ball a lot more often, although my uptime is now 18 days and I really need to see about upgrading from 1 to 4MB RAM...