does anyone else think that there will be 2.2 update on october 14

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mack255, Oct 9, 2008.

1. mack255 macrumors member

mack255

okay this may sound a bit early for it but don't you think there will be 2.2 on october 14 because when i plug in my ipod touch it says check for updates again on october 14 what do you think the new features will be besides safari come on copy paste:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

It is possible but unlikely since they have only seeded the first beta to developers.

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Umm...it checks for updates automatically once a week, and when it does it automatically changes the date to say "iTunes will automatically check for an update again on [date one week from now]". Your iTunes obviously checked for an update on the 7th of October.
    For example, I last checked for an update on October 6, and iTunes is telling me it will check again a week later on October 13. Now that I just hit 'check for update' again, it has now changed to a week from now, to October 16.

Or if you're trying to make any suggestions with the fact that that is also the rumoured day of release for the new Apple notebooks, you have to remember that Apple does have other things besides the iPod, and won't update it everytime they update another product line.