Does anyone else want an iPad mini for no reason?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gusping, Oct 27, 2012.

1. gusping macrumors 6502

Hi,

I'm going to New York for christmas so Apple stuff is a lot cheaper. I currently have an iPad 3 and am probably going to upgrade to the 4 as it will be almost free because i can sell the 3 and get the 4 in NY. Also i am tempted to get the 16gb iPad mini for no reason, except it looks cool and i want one. Plus its only £200 compared to £270 here. I could use it and if i dont like it, sell for the price i bought it for.

Any thoughts?

2. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

3. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

You don't need a reason. It's your money and if this is something you want then buy it, provided you have the money to spare that is.

4. capitalst macrumors newbie

Yeah I ordered a black one and know I really don't need it. Seems Apple always has me in a trance when it comes to new products that I really don't need.

5. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Maybe it's cause there is a bigger better version already out but I have yet to get the desire to buy a mini iPad.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Most people don't need any tablet.

I see little reason to buy a mini when you're planning on getting an iPad 4, but that's just me. The iPad mini provides a small tablet for reading, surfing and other things where I find the regular iPad to large for my wants

7. pommie82 macrumors 6502

I don't really need a iPad mini because i have iPad1 Generation (wifi) Version
    i could tether when i have to go places and want to use my iPad some where but i just really fancy a iPad mini when i'am out and about because its easy to carry around with me when going places and use my iPad 1st Generation when i'am at home just lying around and watching films & TV Series.Well i'am going to get one for xmas fingers crossed.Personally i couldn't watch movies or Tv Series on the iPad mini because i think it would be very good because it would be slighty to small for viewing but personally i think the 9'7 is perfect when you are watching something.The iPad mini is perfect if you just want to surf the web and read books or newspapers or forums or play games.

8. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

Me. I'm trying to convince the mrs that she wants one for Christmas. It would be hers of course, but it would be another product in the ever growing collection.

9. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Don't NEED it but a little smaller handheld iPad device would be a welcome addition in the field. Being able to hold with one hand, edge to edge, can be desirable.

I would jot give up my full size iPad for the mini but will be using it in addition to it.

10. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

There is nothing at Apple.com that anyone "NEEDS" ... if you think you NEED a mac for work, wrong. Many businesses have operated just fine with PCs for years without issue. Yeah, Mac does it better. It makes work easier, and more efficient. I have yet to see a scenario where someone could accomplish a task that they otherwise couldn't have without one. Oh, I guess without an iPad or iPhone, one couldn't order their new iMac from a screen between 3.5 and 9 inches, hehe, ok you got me.

But seriously, I NEED an iPad Mini. ;-)

11. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

And we wonder how apple gets away with their pricing.

"At $329, it is believed that Apple will duplicate the 58% to 103% gross profit margin it enjoys on the third-generation Apple iPad." - Phone Arena.

Of course people are free to buy whatever they want. Just saying we create this culture of fanboyism.

12. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

I didn't want one at first, but then thought about it.

My iPad 3rd gen went through multiple exchanges because of the screen issues - which I attribute to the new retina screens. The mini hopefully wont have these issues, since the screen tech (ppi) has been long established.

I'm going to sell my ipad 3 and pay for the mini and have a little extra cash.

Plus when I thought about it, the mini should be just as fast if not more fluid than the ipad 3 because it shares the same proc. (minus the gpu). And is more portable.

In the end, if I don't like the mini I'll just take the cash I get from my ipad 3, add a hundred and get the 4.

13. mehanika, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  14. iPadMini macrumors newbie

The reason why I'm getting the Mini is bolded above. :cool:

15. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

This.

I'm a huge gadget freak and even I can't justify buying a tablet. 4 generations into the iPad and I still don't own one.
    computer+smartphone=no need for tablet

16. DoctorYuyi macrumors member

I want the iPad mini for drawing. The normal iPad is too clunky.

17. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

I'm an avid iOS user and I really don't have a reason to buy an iPad mini but I bought 2 anyways. Partly, I'm curious about the form factor and the weight reduction. If I find that I can't use the device myself, I will probably sell it or give it to my mother.

18. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

No reason? I plan to catch up on a ton of reading. As well as get more use out of Sketchbook.