Does anyone else's RMBPs have issues with facetime camera after sleep.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hopsdaballa04, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Hopsdaballa04 macrumors regular

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having issues with FaceTime camera after updating to mountain lion. The FaceTime camera will display there is no camera connected after being put to sleep for a few hours. However, if I restart the machine the camera will work.

I'm not sure if this issue was present when I had lion installed.

Although I didn't think it would make a difference. I reset the SMC as well as the PRAM anyway. This didn't help at all. I have attached some pics of the issue.

Attached Files:

2. Hopsdaballa04 thread starter macrumors regular

3. ryane67 macrumors member

just put mine to sleep, woke it up, facetime launched and displayed my ugly mug as expected. sorry :(

4. Hopsdaballa04 thread starter macrumors regular

That's the weird part. I can restart the computer face time works just fine. I can even put it to sleep and wake it back up and the camera will work. However after extended sleep periods the camera will not work.

5. Hopsdaballa04 thread starter macrumors regular

Fixed

I found the fix, I remember a past issue with iSight and the google camera adapter plugin. When attempting to access the camera it would say it's in use by another program. This gave me the idea that something must be causing the camera to act in a similar manner.

I started digging through processes and ended up looking at any google related processes. Since I have the galaxy nexus, I had to install android file transfer agent on my rMBP. I then killed that process and checked if the camera would start and *BAM* it worked.

6. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Always nice when people post back their own solutions - well done :)