Does anyone else's (Verizon) iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ceej, Sep 10, 2011.

1. ceej macrumors member

ever randomly say their gmail user/password is incorrect and can't get mail via the mail app? But it's not, because I didn't change it, and it will start getting mail and sending like normal a bit later on? It's happened to me twice since July. Weird?

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I get that on my GSM iPhone. Was thinking I was the only one. Sounds like a server problem on googles part.

3. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I also get that, one Of the reasons I am excited about iOS 5. I only use google calendar for it's syncing.

4. NJFP macrumors 6502

I get gmail on my iP4, it's not my primary account though. It's always signed in, never have to enter password, etc. Since the calendars now sync wirelessly, I don't use my google calander anymore, just iCal.

5. Uln4321 macrumors regular

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Never seen that with gmail on my iPhone on at&t.

7. esternberg387 macrumors newbie

Yep, that does happen from time to time. I used to have an AT&T iPhone, and it would have occasionally, but it definitely happens more now on my Verizon iPhone.

8. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

It has happened since Gmail exists and with the iPhone since it was released in 2007.
    Nothing extraordinary, unless you see it constantly, maybe the configuration is not right, or you see it while connected to another ISP, or Wi-Fi network, 3G?

As I recall I was seeing that frequently and was because in my Mac's Mail App the outgoing smtp server was automatically configured for a particular ISP, and I synced the iPhone via iTunes to obtain the email. It was setup as POP mail, and when trying to connect to Gmail servers there were those errors.
    The way I got rid of them was to setup the Gmail accounts as IMAP and not syncing via iTunes.
    Check in Google's Gmail help documents if you need to re-configure them to avoid errors.