Does anyone feel overwhelmed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phat_Pat, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

I'm not really sure if overwhelmed is the correct term i'm looking for but hear me out.

So i love my iPhizzle but i times i just wish i didn't have it. Something about having everything at my fingertips kinda makes me feel uncomfortable.

For example now at any point at the day anyone can get ahold of me, theres no excuse. and they can use any way they want too. Whether its e-mail, text, phone call, or even facebook i instantly can respond to them.

It almost connects me too much to everyone and everything i feel. like its kinda ridiculous

i'm not sure if im expressing my feelings properly here... maybe i just like the simplicity of things.:confused:

2. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

absolutely not...

you do have the option of not turning it on, selling it, ignoring people or just being grounded about it.

one day you may recieve one of those texts, emails or calls that will change everything in your life...and you will wonder why you felt this way....trust me!

sell the phone if it bothers you....otherwise, enjoy being popular

3. patin22 macrumors member

I hear what you're saying, but the days of simplicity are over.

You have to know when to draw the line with friends/family or you can get overwhelmed fast. People that know me know that I usually have my phone on me and can be reached 24/7 by phone, text or email. They also know, however, that I'm not on call. Just because I can answer while I'm sleeping, at a quiet dinner or in a movie theater doesn't mean that I will. I get back to people when it's convenient for me - that's what voice mail is for. It's my way of keeping my sanity and an attempt at being one less ****** in this world - at least as far as phone etiquette goes. :cool:

4. macDonalds macrumors 6502

Yes, you make a great point.

I showed off my iPhone to my Uncle last weekend. He decided to check his email and was starring into space for about 30 minutes. After he snapped out of it I was like: "So you're going to buy one aren't you?". And he said no - he doesn't want to be connected 24/7. He wants to separate work and personal time.

That's cool, I can understand that totally. For me, I like to have that sense of connection 24/7. It doesn't mean I have to respond and be alert 24/7 though. That's the problem you may be having. It's your phone, your life, be in control. Just because someone emails, calls, messages you, doesn't mean you have to answer back immediately.

5. wrboyce macrumors 6502