Does Anyone has Experience with 8.1?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mobileappdevelo, Oct 18, 2013.

1. mobileappdevelo macrumors newbie

Hello Guys,

I am newbie here, I am planning to install 8.1 on my Mac but it would be good to take reviews from my fellow members. Please share your good/bad suggestions.

Thanks in advance

2. m98custom1212 macrumors 6502

Yea what do you want to know?

It works great for me.

3. Humex macrumors 6502

There was a significant improvement regarding the Retina screen (Hi -Res) .
    But Windows does not push publishers in this direction to develop their applications in High DPI . Two problems arise : the scaling and blur police.
    I must say that OS X has the expected thing .

IE 11 can correctly display the Retina , Firefox Beta also . Chrome Dev is still work for high- DPI displays .

I would also say that it is more fluid.

The Windows Store app has been entirely revised .

I hope that Windows 9 will be completely redesigned for Retina displays for the desktop display is not suited to me and some parameters are still unclear .
    Modern UI is only successful but I do not often use this interface because there are not enough interesting applications developped and features are limited so use quickly becomes limited to a PC .

Finally , I hope that Apple will update BootCamp (and its iTunes software ...) to users of Retina screen . Currently , police are unclear.