Does anyone has Up to Date CD?

lovelyooz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
do they have any differences?

i heard that Up to Date version is only working with Tiger and Can not Clean install.

if i wanna Clean install, do i have to install the Tiger and than leopard?

is that true?

mm1250

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2007
There was one person on the board who has it. He cliams you can do all three options, Erase and install, Archive and upgrade.

So thats good news.

Not sure if you have to have Tiger running though. I assume in the future, if you want to reinstall your Leopard over, you can just re-pop the leopard cd and do a clean and install.

Comment

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
The question is, is the up2date cd a 'drop in' disc that requires
Tiger installed to proceed with installation or a 'full retail' cd
that does not require Tiger installed first?

Does it include full retail packaging or is it just the disc?

Comment

AppleCrisp

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
After reading numerous things I'm pretty certain the Up-To-Date disc is a drop in which makes sense because if you bought a Mac after the first you have to have Tiger on it. Also, I'm pretty sure that the guy who got it posted images of it and it was in a sleeve not a box.

Comment

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
After reading numerous things I'm pretty certain the Up-To-Date disc is a drop in which makes sense because if you bought a Mac after the first you have to have Tiger on it. Also, I'm pretty sure that the guy who got it posted images of it and it was in a sleeve not a box.
It would make sense, but am hoping otherwise. Anyone with first
hand knowledge want to comment?

Comment

Phil A.

Staff member
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I got an up to date disk for Tiger and it was just in a sleeve but allowed all options on install. I guess the leopard one will probably be the same but don't know for definite

Comment

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
The Up-to-Date DVD is just a dropped in disk in nothing but a sleeve.

You CAN do all three options, clean install, Archive and Install and Update.

However, the catch is you MUST have a previous version of Mac OS X installed on the drive before you can do any of them. So if you say, erase the drive with disk utility it won't let you install until you put Tiger on it, but then you can do a clean install (erases drive) and install a fresh copy of Leopard.

Comment

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
The Up-to-Date DVD is just a dropped in disk in nothing but a sleeve.

You CAN do all three options, clean install, Archive and Install and Update.

However, the catch is you MUST have a previous version of Mac OS X installed on the drive before you can do any of them. So if you say, erase the drive with disk utility it won't let you install until you put Tiger on it, but then you can do a clean install (erases drive) and install a fresh copy of Leopard.
Thanks for the reply. Darn, I want to install on a seperate partition
and the extra step to install Tiger first will be a pain. Oh well,
I can deal.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.