Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CP123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
Does anyone have 2 macbooks that they use? If yes, why do you have two and what do you use them for?

maldoblaz

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2004
Mexico City
Interesting question...

Does anyone have 2 macbooks that they use? If yes, why do you have two and what do you use them for?

I actually have four. I use them as video follow audio / TC servers with external hard disks and canopus converters. They work incredible well!

jimthegreek

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2008
I have the latest versions of the 13", 15" and 17" uMBP that were just released and I have a 1st gen MBA that I recently purchased off Craigslist for $600 bucks.

g3funk

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2008
Post June 13': Daily attack dog. Basically does everything I need to do with a small footprint and amazing speed. Would not give it up for the life of me, integrated battery dominates, screen is much better then my previous gen Uni MB and overall worth it.

Pre June 17': Gift that is my trusty desktop replacement. Screen and resolution are absolutely out of this world phenomenal along with the dual graphics cards and more ram. When I finally move into a place I like it will live on a mStand and be my work computer...probably accommodating a 24' ACD.

If you can not afford 2 then definitely spring for the 15. I really love having the two and dropbox makes the syncing between them an absolute breeze.

iphonesrq

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
Tampa
I have 2 uniMBP 2.53's....1 for me, 1 for the wifey! they're both 13". We use them for basic internet, school, etc.

jimthegreek

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2008
I use the 15" when traveling for work. The 13" is perfect for around the house (i.e. surfing the net in the crapper) and the 17" rarely leaves my home office desk.

The MBA was just a toy i wanted to play with and my gf uses when she's over.

MacMini2009

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2009
California
I use the 15" when traveling for work. The 13" is perfect for around the house (i.e. surfing the net in the crapper) and the 17" rarely leaves my home office desk.

You use your laptop when you go to the bathroom?

canes960

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
Alabama

What city on Craigslist was this. I need to be looking there.

CP123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
I just bought the 15 inch UniMBP tonight (haven't even taken it out the box, will do tomorrow night). I already have the BlackBook. I am trying to decide how to split the use. I have a business, and would probably use the 15 inch MBP for that, and use the BlackBook for everything else. I will start traveling with the BlackBook everyday, and only take the new one out when doing business.

Either way, I love the BlackBook, but was afraid to take it out everyday for fear of damaging it or wearing it out.

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2008
Is it stupid if I already have an HP notebook, then plan on a MacBook Pro later on? Like in a year? Maybe I'd use the HP for backup while the MacBook Pro would be my main computer. The HP is fairly new.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Well, I have a (Matte screen) MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air if that counts. The Pro is my desktop replacement and connected to a 24" monitor, several TB of external hard drives as well as a mouse and keyboard. That is my photo editing computer, my MacBook Air is my computer that is used anytime I'm not editing photos and is my computer that goes with my on the road.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
17" 3.06
MacBooK Air 1.8 (1st gen)

17" goes with me home & work. I bicycle to work and have a backpack for it.

MacBook Air is for weekend trips, traveling, flying, bathroom breaks (srsly), coffee shop meetings and other instances where I want to grab a notebook and comfortably carry it around.

I was considering a Dell mini 9 but the MBA was $999 on Apple Store and I couldn't resist. I don't regret it at all!

ThereBryant

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2008
New York City
I have one of the new 15-inch MacBook Pros as a desktop replacement. We have an older white macbook (feb 08 bump) hooked to an HDTV for Hulu and DVDs.

jimthegreek

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2008
My wife is unhappy with you! You gave me the idea to take the macbook into the bathroom. She wants to declare the bathroom a computer free zone.

I'm telling you, its peaceful in there. No kids, no wife, just me, the throne and the computer.

When we remodeled the bathroom, i put in one of these:

http://www.lowbudgetprosper.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mirror-tv.jpg

By the far, the single greatest thing I ever installed in the bathroom. Of course, I had to cave into the demands from the mrs. for heated flooring and a towel warming bar.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
I use the black macbook exclusively for music (running live sequences, etc). My MBP is my personal computer (at home and on the road).

-- Ryan

AppleTecFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
N/A

That's very cool..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.