Does anyone have a contact # for SGP?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by headcheese, Jul 14, 2010.

1. headcheese macrumors regular

I received my SGP carbon skin from them on Friday and I'm having issues with the flash. I look at their website yesterday and see that they have completely changed the design of the hole around the camera and flash. I am pissed off that they just didn't wait to send me one that wasn't "defective".

I sent them a threatening email yesterday but of course I have not heard anything back (this is the 3rd email I have sent with no response- 2 other times about something else) and I cannot find any other way to contact them. Does anyone have a phone #? Worst customer service in the world :mad:

Also, do I have recourse since I paid with PayPal?

Thanks MR!! :apple:

2. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

i'm sure that threatening letter really helped the situation...

3. satirev macrumors 6502

threatening people doesn't always make them want to respond!

but here is their number: <removed>

4. headcheese thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the input guys but when I say "threatening" that could mean anything. FYI I was not hot headed, as I am an adult. I merely mentioned that I felt as though I should be sent a revised product due to the fact that clearly there is an issue with my version since they changed production so quickly. I only stated in my email that if I did not hear back from them, since I have had emails go unanswered in the past, that I would begin a charge back through PayPal.

Thanks for the number satirev.

5. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

What? Threat-a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not- That made no sense

6. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Haha. Look, OP I feel your pain. I have had dealings with SGP in the past as well and not getting emails answered at all. I currently am going through the same thing as you. I ordered the carbon film and got the old cutout. For whatever reason, it does cause minor issues with the flash. Obviously SGP realized this as well as they have already released a new design and even changed all the pictures on their site showing the new cut out. I emailed them as well this AM. Will report back if I get any return info from them, but don't have high hopes.

Thanks to the other poster who actually had a number for the company. I have never been able to find one before so that could be really useful if they don't respond back.

7. headcheese thread starter macrumors regular

fishmd- I am going to call once they're open since I never got a response back from them (it's been 24 hours).

I'll let you know what they say.

8. satirev macrumors 6502

they usually dont answer their phone, but if you leave them a message and are assertive enough and act really angry they will call you back right away.

9. headcheese thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for some actual help satirev. Didn't really think this thread would turn into a pissing match over my words and character :confused:

That's MR for you :apple:

10. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Yeah, please do. I know there was another user on here as well Map something who had sent them an email about the same thing and never got a response. He took an exacto knife to his and made the opening wider. :)

11. pikkashoe macrumors regular

I noticed with sgp that they always took 24 hours to respond, and if your email is regarding a problem to which they dont have an answer they wont respond.

I had a hard time getting them to send me a replacement for my ultra crystal screen protector. They would not send me a replacement until i sent the original back. In my case, the film would not adhere around the home button.

When I questioned them about why they would require me to send back the defective product, but they where not making people send back the original defective protectors missing the camera cut out, they just stopped simply responding. Typical,when the situation gets tough, they wimper out. Shows how great their customer service and company is.

This was about 5 days ago, still havent got a response.
    I plan to just send the product back for a refund, once i get my switch easy nude with their screen protectors.

12. macnew1313 macrumors newbie

This is NOT the right number, its a number to some guys cell phone.

13. zelaya macrumors 6502

I just called that number and the guy who answer the phones told me I've a wrong number.

14. headcheese thread starter macrumors regular

Yes that number is bunk.

I finally got them to reply to me via Twitter of all things. I got an actual employee email so we'll see what happens. They wanted a pic of the skin installed, which I couldn't give them since I don't have another camera, but I sent a pic with skin on (washed out/white) and peeled back (normal).

15. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Despite such bad customer service people buy SGP? Kinda weird.