Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOSMarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
Is it a manufacturing error?

It gets a little bit annoying but I just need to know if it will defect my iPhone.

I didn't drop it or anything and I haven't taken my phone in public since the launch date but there is a light coming out of the gap on the side of the phone but it's like half a centimeter light.

You won't be able to see it unless it's the phone is in a dim area

The gap is like where they describe where hairgate pulls your hair at

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 294

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Looks like a little bit of light bleed to me.

If you're not happy with it, exchange the phone. To be honest, if you slap a case on the phone it won't be noticeable at all.

I've not really looked at my iP6+ that closely to see if there's any gaps or light bleeds.

iOSMarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
Looks like a little bit of light bleed to me.

If you're not happy with it, exchange the phone. To be honest, if you slap a case on the phone it won't be noticeable at all.

I've not really looked at my iP6+ that closely to see if there's any gaps or light bleeds.

Will a light bleed defect my phone in the future?
I'm just worried about that, if not there's no problem at all!

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
Will a light bleed defect my phone in the future?
I'm just worried about that, if not there's no problem at all!
No, you won't have any problem with your phone because of the light bleed issue.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Even if you want to exchange it, I would wait a couple months. Right now it's a bit of a mess. Trade in for one issue, and you'll get another back. Once production slows down, the situation might be better

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.