Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bugout

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 11, 2008
is everything!
I just got one and there's no mac software on it, it's supposed to be built in. The windows software is on it, but nothing when I connect it to all my macs.

Novatel has ZERO support.. and endless googling has come up with zip.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

First: wrong forum

Second: turn on your mifi(while not connect to your mac) and then type in 192.168.1.1 in Safari.
All your settings should be there.

The mifi doesn't come with osx software and the setup software isn't required.

bugout

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 11, 2008
is everything!
First off thanks.. I didn't know where to post it..

I know about the web wizard, not an issue. It clearly states in the user manual there's the USB tethering software built in that should open up when you connect via USB on the mac. It's supposed to install the mobilink software that allows usb tethering which gives you access to other features such as SMS, which I need to activate my pre-paid data service overseas.

When I connect it to a windows box the software is there. It's not there for the mac.

RyanFlynn

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2006
Los Angeles
Hey there! I have the card and its easy as pie. you just push the power botton and it starts broadcasting a wifi signal. There is no software to install

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
I just got one and there's no mac software on it, it's supposed to be built in. The windows software is on it, but nothing when I connect it to all my macs.

Novatel has ZERO support.. and endless googling has come up with zip.

is novatel a celullar provider?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.