Does anyone have a phone and a phablet as a tablet?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by theapplefanboyj, Nov 27, 2014.

1. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

Still considering whether I should go back to my iPhone 4S and use my phablet as a tablet.
    Any suggestions?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Since 2010 for phones I've had the iPhone 4, Note II, and now Note 4. I wouldn't want to use the 4 as a phone with that small size. I much prefer the larger form factor even as a phone since it has such a big screen for everything else it does.

3. JunBringer macrumors member

JunBringer

I carried a Nexus 5 and Xperia Z Ultra, the Xperia got damaged though so right now it's a iPhone 6+ and the Nexus. I prefer to have two devices personally.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I have my alpha as my portable, pocketable phone and using my 6 plus as a phablets cum replacement for my iPad mini.

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Are you guys with two or more phones constantly swapping SIMs? I couldn't be doing with that hassle.

6. m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

Does anyone have a phone and a phablet as a tablet?

^^Duo sims?

7. MasterRyu2011 macrumors 65816

No offense, using a phone and phablet is kinda gimping yourself. If I'm going to use two devices, I would opt for at least 7 inches or larger for the tablet device. When I'm home, I usually grab the tablet because I want a much bigger screen to look at it. Going from 4.7 inch to 5.5 inch isn't that much of a jump.

However, I'm not against using phablets as a phone.

8. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

I wouldn't purposely choose to use a phablet as a tablet if that makes sense. Given the option I would use a phone + a tablet. A phablet is meant to be a cross between the two hence the name.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

With my carrier I don't have to swap sim. I can ring a self service customer support number and simply activate whichever sim (in whichever phone) that I want to use that day. It takes me less than a minute and means I never have to swap a sim manually between devices, reducing chances of wear & tear in the process.

10. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I'm using the iPhone 6 plus as my on the go tablet at the moment. I have an iPad air but I leave that at home and use the 6 plus on my commute.

11. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

That's pretty nice. At present, I don't swap Sims. However, in the past, I have and it really does wear on them.

If you wanted, can you do this multiple times per day?

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep, no restriction. Just an automated service so nothing to stop you doing it multiple times. I've done it three times in a day :D

13. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

If I had that capability, I would do the same.