Does Anyone Have A Refurbished Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ericatomars, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Ericatomars macrumors regular

So I cant hold out anymore... Im buying an ipod touch! I have an 80Gb classic and its great and i love it but i ride the bus and train alot so i want the ipod touch to play with in between my destinations.

So im thinking a refurbed ipod touch, Ive heard great things about a refurbed items from apple but does anyone actually have a refurbished one?

2. bigm978 macrumors member

About two weeks ago i purchased an ipod touch 2gen 16gb, and it works Great! There wasnt a scratch on it because apple put a new case on along with a new battery. i would highly reccomend buying a refurb because you will save a ton of cash. O and it also come will apples one year warrenty.

3. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

Yep, same here. Got one for my daugter for Christmas.

Agree with all of the above - Got the 16Gb one as you can't get them anymore and it also comes in a special edition white box :D

The only "additional" cost was £2.99 to upgrade the OS to v3. Wouldn't have done it but some of the apps I wanted to put on required it.

- D

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I'd do it. But I think a 32gb would be better :p

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I bought an 8gb refurb a few months, and would buy another one. We have bought 3 refurb nano's, i bought my Touch, a Mini, my Dad has bought a refurb ATV and Touch.

I'd probably only go with the refurb right now if i was going to get the 16gb, i'd buy a new 32 for the faster speed. Well, unless the 32 refurbs have dropped a bit more in price - i haven't checked recently (don't forget with a refurb you will pay sales tax).

ETA: the refurb store is VERY lean at the moment, they refresh it about daily, sometimes in the afternoon.... but gee, VERY LEAN!

6. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

my wife has a 1G Touch. We got it from Apple.com. We had to return it to the Apple Store in Boston becase the battery life was crap. They replaced it (unfortunately they had a 1G in stock at the time) and the new Touch and battery perform great!

7. Thorbjorn macrumors regular

I have a three-week old 16GB refurb. Decided to spring for it when the 3rd gen didn't come out with anything to blow my socks off. Like the other refurbs I've bought, it came in in pristine condition, flawless inside and out as far as I can tell. I'm loving it.