Does anyone have an Apple folio case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by paulschofield76, Jun 6, 2018.

1. paulschofield76 macrumors member

paulschofield76

I was just wondering if these marks on the corners are normal [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Adamj53 macrumors member

I don’t have the folio case, but my regular Apple leather case has similar marks. I would say it is normal as the leather goes around the corners/side.

3. paulschofield76 thread starter macrumors member

paulschofield76

4. Coffee50 macrumors 6502

How do you like your folio? I was curious about it, but never took the plunge.

Settled on the silicone case, but always wondered about the folio.

5. paulschofield76 thread starter macrumors member

paulschofield76

To be honest I've had it less than 5 hours but I'm liking it. I've yet to make a call though, I've only just discovered that some people say it interferes with call quality due to covering the rear mic.
    I only found out about that when I was searching about the marks mentioned above.

6. PhoneMe1 Suspended

PhoneMe1

Yep normal on their case, I have a folio black on the way, scored a bargain on ebay 70% off retail price.
    The calls issue seems to have been fixed i have read, i mainly use speaker so will see soon enough.

7. paulschofield76 thread starter macrumors member

paulschofield76

Great, thanks. I still haven't made a call yet but that's good to know

8. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

9. PhoneMe1 Suspended

PhoneMe1

I only got mine yesterday, Black, got it cheap off ebay. 3 days use supposedly, a few light marks which is ok as i don't have to baby it and will happen anyway.
    Don't think i would pay $145 AUD here for one but when you compare to twelve south my wife has which is nice leather but very stiff, its way slimmer and softer leather.
    I also have a UAG Metropolis and its average more of a knock around and very saggy around edges.

Black is actually dark grey inside which i knew. Like the charcoal leather case.
    Love how screen opens with cover, i don't use FID for unlock so goes straight to home screen, won't if there is a notification on the screen which is good.
    Have made a few calls and no problem with people hearing me with front against back. I don't hold it tight though if it's just folded back with your thumb on the left side no probs. Which is normal.
    Probably wont use the card slots much but they are good as cards won't touch the screen.
    The front cover doesn't touch the screen, if this was your only case i wouldn't bother with a protector.
    Feels great to hold like all Apple leather.
    Buttons excellent as with all Apples cases.

If you had to pick one fault the front cover will move a bit, its because the leather is so soft/supple which makes it easy to fold back, maybe with cards/cash in it not so much.

For the $65AUD i paid i am glad i got it, going on a holiday to NZ in a few weeks so will use it.