Does anyone have an Office 2011 Open Academic license?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gerdstroem, Dec 22, 2010.

1. gerdstroem macrumors newbie

Hi,

I want to buy Office 2011 but I'm trying to figure if I can find a cheaper version than the regular Home and Student. I live in Denmark so I don't have access to all the discount-stuff that you have in the states. However, I stumpled upon a version called "Open Academic" that I can purchase for about 2/3 of the normal price. I want to be sure that I can make it work though. Does anyone have this version, and can they verify that I don't need to register it as being a student somewhere in the US (or any other parameter that I don't fullfill being a normal university student i Danmark)

Regards
    Jesper

2. gerdstroem thread starter macrumors newbie

Isn't there any who purchased this edition of Office?

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I don't think the Open License version is what you think it is. It's intended more for institutions to purchase in volume not individual end-user purchase.

(Emphasis mine.)

If you're finding Open Academic Licensed copied for individual sale, it's probably less than legitimate.

You're not going to find it much cheaper than the Home and Student version at any rate. That's about as affordable as it's gonna get.

4. UmbraClaw macrumors newbie

Use this link.
    (you need a study email address issued from a mayor higher education institution)

http://store.digitalriver.com/store?Action=DisplayHomePage&Locale=da_DK&SiteID=msshdk&resid=FEzdvQoHAtQAACdIP7wAAAAc&rests=1293560816296

If it doesn't work, try accessing the danish version of digital river through here:http://www.microsoft.com/mac/office-academic

Click 'check availability', enter your study-email address, click through the 'more information', select Denmark as country, then reenter study-email-address.