Does anyone have any experience with Wacom Bamboo tablets?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by eksplosions, Jan 25, 2011.

1. eksplosions macrumors newbie

Hey all,
    I've recently had to opportunity to use a Bamboo Craft or Fun (I'm not sure which... the silver one) and I've really come to like it. I sold some books on Amazon so I have a few dollars to spend there and I was looking at the Bamboo Pen since it can be had for a relatively low $57.

I was just wondering if anyone here would have any experience with either, or ideally, both? I'm mainly interested in whether the Bamboo Pen will be akin to the tablet I used. From reading the specifications, I understand that the Pen has a lower resolution/LPI, so I'm just wondering if the sensitivity will be noticeably different, if at all? I'm aware I won't have touch gestures and the trackpad may be smaller depending on what I actually used.

Thanks for any insights,
    eks

2. MentalFabric macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

Hiya,

Can't be of immense help, but I'm an IT guy for a publishing company and we use the Wacom Intuos units where deemed necessary - and though I've not used the Bamboo units, one junior designer does use one of these bamboo pens for her work (she already owned one!) and hasn't asked for an upgrade - neither have her intuos using comrades - so I'm sure it will suffice for the job if she's doing professional work with it.. and certainly I'm sure it's better than a mouse. But personally I have a fondness for the Apple trackpad if I'm using photoshop :p

3. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

I have their Blue tooth version. Honestly I never use it. It just sits in the drawer collecting dust.

4. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

I have a Bamboo Pen at work and an Intuos4 at home. Yes, I prefer the Intuos (mainly due to the control strips down the side), but the Bamboo is excellent. I doubt you'd notice the LPI difference between the two Bamboo models - and I actually find the smaller Bamboo more convenient at work due to limited desk space.

5. eksplosions thread starter macrumors newbie

Hah, I was worried mine might collect dust in the drawer as well, but then again I figured I just sold a book and I haven't bought myself anything in a long time, so why not?

Thanks guys, this makes me a bit more confident about the purchase :)