Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I believe the iPhone X front camera has been the same 7 MEGA pixels as the previous gen.

Was wondering if anyone has any rumors that the next iPhone will have maybe more pixels?

I want the BEST quality selfie camera and was wondering if the next iPhone will be the same or better.

I know no one knows for sure but if there is speculation.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Nobody on this forum has a clue what's coming next. We're all just rehashing headline rumors. Your guess is as good as anyone's.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Although the X is the same 7mp 2.2 aperture camera as on the iPhone 7’s, other improvements have been made to improve performance. If you check Apple’s tech spec page for each phone, the differencees are listed. Whether or not it makes a noticeable difference in image quality is debatable. If the next iPhone X will have any improvements is pure speculation at this point

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
It's certainly due for an upgrade. The competition like Galaxy S9 and Pixel 2 both have 8MP with their current gen phones.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
It's certainly due for an upgrade. The competition like Galaxy S9 and Pixel 2 both have 8MP with their current gen phones.

I prefer selfies bc otherwise I have to ask others to take the picture. Nobody got time for that! Lol

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA

Just saw a video on YouTube that compared I think the S9 with the X for selfies.

Honestly, to me, the iPhone X selfies looked better.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
There might be an upgrade this year for the front facing camera, although, obviously Apple seems to focus its outward changes to the rear back camera for obvious reasons. I personally never use the front facing camera for anything, as I prefer using the rear camera for almost any and all photos and videos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.