Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rotarypower101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Portland Oregon
I am having trouble trying to find a compatible setup that will work with both music and phone functionality simultaneously. Ideally I would like it to be able to attenuate the music and take the call if desired.

I have a stereo BT setup for my snowboard helmet, but can only get either hands free without a module, or music over A2DP over a plug in module.

Is there a specific setting in the phone, or a module that will allow me to do both simultaneously?

The setup I am currently running is a (Burton RED Tantrum BT Motorola Audex) snowboarding helmet and I am able to connect the phone with no issue, but obviously no music because the A2DP is supposedly crippled over the phone. I have a Sony TMR-BT8IP module that enables the ability to play music , but both will not work in tandem apparently.

Any suggestions that people have come up with?
Thanks

iblastoff

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
not really. if you wanted both phone and stereo bluetooth at once, the iphone is definitely not going to do it for you.

rotarypower101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Portland Oregon
Ya I know….just hoping that someone smarter than me has come up with a solution and is perusing this section at the right time.

I haven’t heard any A2DP hacks in the works, does anyone know if it is confirmed possible or if anyone is working on the issue?

That’s an effort I would support monetarily!

I wonder if there would be any use trying to set up a papal account and get donations to get this problem fixed by a competent and willing soul?

Would there be enough interest to get something like this rolling if it were possible to reactivate/enable A2DP?

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
I had a similar experience as you , for that reason I stopped using my bluetooth transmitter with my motorola S9 headset

I don't find the use of the apple headset that annoying, knowing that its the only current solution

phigment

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Solution for full phone and ipod control over bluetooth with yoru helmet.

Here is the solution I found on another site...

its something of a workaround but it does work.

First off DON'T plug in the dongle, turn on the bluetooth headset and pair it with your phone using the 0000 password. Now go to the ipod app and start playing something, NOW plug in the dongle, the iphone will tell you that "this accessory is not designed to work with iphone" and will attempt to get you to go into airplane mode. Select the "No Thanks" option and you should have full bluetooth control of both phone and music.

Basically the iphone thinks its just connected to a mono bluetooth headset, and the dongle thinks its connected to an ipod

It sucks because you have to unpair the device and restart this procedure EVERY time you want to pair the helmet with your iphone. You're also going to have battery issues as the dongle is poaching power from the iphone(which doesn't have great battery life to start with) Finally there's the form factor of having an extra thing sticking off your iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.