Does anyone have experience with OWC memory?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fcbr10, Jan 19, 2008.

1. fcbr10 macrumors newbie

2. fandsw macrumors regular

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

OWC are top notch. They supply good quality components and their customer services is up with the best in the industry. I can't recommend them highly enough. (no connection, just a very satisfied customer).

4. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

I'll be the balance to the above post and say that so far I've had horrible customer service with OWC. Placed order on Tuesday, never got confirmation. Checked today to see what was the status on the order. It had an 'unable to check address' message. Called Amex, verified the ship to address was listed and inquired about the charge. Was told it was approved by them but it wasn't ever processed by OWC. So the problem wasn't on their end. Sent message to customer service saying all should go through no problems and that I cleared it with AMEX, but that I was unhappy with them for not contacting me and letting me know there was a problem.

If I were to do it again I'd go with another company (especially since I had no problems with a hard drive I ordered from Newegg on the same day...got email confirmation w/in 20 minutes, another email confirming payment 10 minutes later and a shipping/tracking number email w/in 24 hours)

5. macpro2000 macrumors 6502a

I can chime in here since I've been a customer of OWC since about 1998. Don't fear a bit on the RAM, HD's, or graphics cards. All are up to Apple specs and I'm sure I've spent at least $5k over the years there. No issues whatsoever. Also, for my 24" imac (time machine), there OWC enclosure with FW800 works absolutely flawless. Good luck man.

6. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Every Mac I have owned, 6 in all, has had OWC memory upgrades without a single problem.

I have never once been let down with shipping, customer service or pricing from those guys.

7. atarin macrumors regular

I have the same RAM, and it works great. I had excellent customer service, and I got the RAM much sooner than I expected. It was a wonderful experience, and I expect that I will definitely use them again. I tell everyone I know with a Mac to get their RAM from them.