Does anyone have htis problem with ipod skipping during multitasking?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theshadow07039, Aug 13, 2008.

1. theshadow07039 macrumors member

Hey since 2.0 conversion I've found that whenever I try to use an app or on safari ipod music will skip stutter and freak out. Does anyone else have this problem I called mac help and they said its a hardware problem and want to replace my perfect fine no problems whatsoever 1st gen with a crappy refurbished one. Does anyone else have this problem so i can show the geniuses is a software problem and they actually do something about it.

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

3. wildmilne macrumors regular

Not often, but definately every once in a while i get the skip. Never happened on 1st gen iphone. I have 2.0.1, but dont recall if ive had the skip since the upgrade or not.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I get it from time to time, mostly when typing in Safari.

2.0(.1) really needs to plug some memory leaks.

5. heyp macrumors 6502

yep... every so often it will skip just a bit usually when i'm browsing in safari... it's really not enough to bother me but it'd be nice if it didn't happen

6. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

I usually get the opposite. The iPod carries on fine but everything else: browsing, typing, contact lookup etc slows down to glacial levels of speed. And I still can't get from one end of my library to the other without coverflow bombing out. Friggin' annoying. Roll on 2.0.2