Does anyone have Invisible Shield on their Macbook/pro and use Incase Sleeve?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CSilver, Jan 31, 2009.

1. CSilver macrumors 6502

Hi, I became a Mac user yesterday by using Refurb Macbook 2.0GHz. I have ordered the Invisible Shield for Macbook when there was 50% off sale going on. I haven't received the IS and no, I do not have the Incase sleeve yet but I am wondering if what I am planning to do is alright :rolleyes:

I was planning on put the IS on and also use Incase sleeve on occasionally when moving close range. I will be attending to a college in this Sept and I also would like to purchase the Incase backpack.

Am I just being paranoid about protecting Macbook or is this normal??
    What part of my plan doesn't really require?? Please give me some adivce ;)
    -Chris-

2. Andyee85 macrumors member

Better safe than sorry I guess! I have the Bodygaurdz shield on mine, and I always put my MBP in the Incase Nylon sleeve when I'm not using it.

3. CSilver thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya, I think I will be getting the Incase Sleeve tomorrow... But I am not too sure if I will be able to install the IS right so that it won't look fugly...
    Thanks for the reply ;)
    -chris-

4. JonMcDonald macrumors member

I could be wrong, but around here every mall has an invis shield kiosk, and they should be able to install the shield for you so it looks normal!

5. CSilver thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya that sounds promising but I haven't heard or know any place that installs it for you in my area unfortunately...I live in Alberta Edmonton Area...Yes... It is in Canada xD

6. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Damn it, I live in Canada too, it sucks eh? We have half the stuff USA has and nearly no one will ship here, and in winter we have to wait until the snow goes away! It shouldn't be too hard to install the IS. Here is a video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMFDVLJKzCQ

7. McShizzel macrumors regular

I just gave up with the Invisible Shield (I have it for several different devices) it takes too long and I never get the desired results so I always end up just letting my device go naked.

8. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

I agree. Would you rather have your device feel uncomfortable to use, look ugly or maybe get a scratch or two? Anyway, whenever I move my MacBook I always use my sleeve.