Does Anyone have MY NZB? I need help :(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wardzach2007, Sep 5, 2010.

1. wardzach2007 macrumors newbie

Well, no matter what I do I can't seem for it to connect to my phone. I know I'm doing something wrong but I was wondering if anyone out there can walk me through on to how to set mine up.

2. wardzach2007 thread starter macrumors newbie

It keeps on saying that the connection has timed out. How do I fix this?

[​IMG]

3. rust0r macrumors member

You need to make sure your server settings are configured properly. Let me see if I can help you out, I probably have one of the most complicated setups for this thing and it still works flawlessly.

I'm not sure how comfortable you are with network setups, so if something is unclear or you need further explanation let me know.

Are you running a router/hub at your home or simply your modem straight to your PC ?

For either setup you will need to obtain your IP address (if you know it great, if not go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ to obtain your IP address)

Put this address into your server setup under "Host", be sure that in sabnzbd it is configured to "listen" on port 8080, be sure that your username and password are correct. Lastly, setup an API key to give yourself access to the program from outside (if you are unsure ask and i'll elaborate), this API key needs to be entered in the server setup in myNZB as well.

Now, if by chance you have a router/hub, that means that your router and hub have the IP listed from whatismyip.com, however your actual computer will be assigned an INTERNAL IP from your router/hub. That means that by putting your router/hub IP in myNZB, when you attempt to access it, the request gets sent to your router/hub but it doesn't know what exactly it should do with the request, or which computer on your network it should send it to. To fix this, you need to go into your router configuration page and setup Port Forwarding (effectively, telling your router, when you receive a request on port 8080, forward it to the internal IP of your computer which is assigned by the router)

Let me know how that goes or if you need any further help, it really is an awesome program once you get it up and running